Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the U.S.A. #1 among nations on earth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venoame View Post

If they are part of the peninsula.

Edit: But even I use the same term for Finland or Denmark although they aren't part of it.
    And Iceland.... So being Scandinavian is purely down to the geographical location? I thought there would be more to it than that....

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
      It is on mine. So your saying America has more freedoms than the Netherlands where euthanasia, prostitution, 24 hour drinking, gay marriage, smoking cannabis (decriminalized) are all legal?
      First of all

Secondly, I never said America has more Freedoms, did I? But decriminalized use of Weed, prostitution, and public drinking aren't a necessity or vital to a nations function.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        according to that list of criteria, the US barely makes the top 20... and I'm not hating. I think the US is a great country, but when it comes to quality of living for the average person, the US isn't even close to being the best.
        lebron fais, lol, nyahahahaha

7 straight fails

kobe 4 rings, kobe

Comment

Norway, ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            First of all

Secondly, I never said America has more Freedoms, did I? But decriminalized use of Weed, prostitution, and public drinking aren't a necessity or vital to a nations function.
            Chill out mate lol. Of course they are not vital but they are still freedoms that many Dutch people are proud to have.

Comment

If they are part of the peninsula.

Edit: But even I use the same term for Finland or Denmark although they aren't part of it.
              Geographicly speaking yes, but go through history its a bit more complex then this. Scandinavia was united up on to 15th century, this is called the Kalmar union (Sweden and Denmark) Go through history and Norway have always been split between having been a part of Either Denmark or Sweden.

Sweden and Denmark pretty much went to war together with seat in Cobenhagen during the Viking age, Then had a bunch of struggles with each other, then the joined when Denmark-Norway and Sweden decided to we could benefit from each other - Kalmar Union. Then went back to hating each other again. Our language is pretty close to each other (Norway, Denmark, Sweden) most of us can speak our native language and understand each other.

To this day our politcal system, Educational system, healthcare (pretty much everything) is built the same.
              Last edited by Grand Champ; 05-22-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Geographicly speaking yes, but go through history its a bit more complex then this. Scandinavia was united up on to 15th century, this is called the Kalmar union (Sweden and Denmark) Go through history and Norway have always been split between having been a part of Either Denmark or Sweden.

Sweden and Denmark pretty much went to war together with seat in Cobenhagen during the Viking age, Then had a bunch of struggles with each other, then the joined when Denmark-Norway and Sweden decided to we could benefit from each other - Kalmar Union. Then went back to hating each other again. Our language is pretty close to each other (Norway, Denmark, Sweden) most of us can speak our native language and understand each other.
                Thanks for clearing that out.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that out.
                  It's pretty much like the Balkans. Naming the countries in the Balkan Peninsula without naming slovenia and Romania you miss a lot due to the complex history these countries have had.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                    First of all

They aren't a necesity, indeed, however they DO reveal something else, which is a different mentality. The fact that these freedoms are allowed is because most people there can handle them.

Leaving aside the fact that by legalising these freedoms the state gains a better control over them and reduces the illegal activity regarding vices and prostitusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                      It's pretty much like the Balkans. Naming the countries in the Balkan Peninsula without naming slovenia and Romania you miss a lot due to the complex history these countries have had.
                      That's true, I'm Romanian and I can tell you that the historical identity of the country is all over the place so it can also fit in the balkan category even if not really part of the peninsula.

Comment

Working...
                      X