Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is Draw Mohammed Day. Pakistan bans Facebook.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    OK, don't take my word for it.

There are more than 100 verses in the Quran advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Quran about killing and fighting.

Quran 9:5, known as "the verse of the sword," declares, "Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem."

This principle of abrogation, known as "Naskh" is based on the fact that the Quran was given to, or made up by Muhammad in a period of over 20 years. To solve all the contradictions in the Quran, Islamic a scholars decided the later, most recent conflicting revelations override the earlier revelations. So, if a verse is "nasikh", such as the earlier peaceful and loving verses, it is completely overridden and effectively doesn't exist.

So in Islam the later warring and killing of infidel type verses, like the "Verse of the Sword" , take precedence over the earlier peaceful sounding verses. Islamic theologians say that the more than 124 peaceful sounding verses are abrogated by the Verse of the Sword. This all ties in to the Muslim idea of abrogation. A respected Islamic commentator popularly know as Ibn Kathir who lived from 1301-1372 AD says that: Surah 9:5 "abrogated every agreement of peace the Prophet and any idolator, every treaty, and every term"
    Wrong again. And that isn't even the entire verse. Speak to a Shiekh to get proper interpretations. Also no verses become overided, nice attempt at picking and choosing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Wrong again. And that isn't even the entire verse. Speak to a Shiekh to get proper interpretations. Also no verses become overided, nice attempt at picking and choosing though.
      Actually, it was a rather pathetic attempt.
      On top of it, he still didn't answer my question if it would be fair for me to label Christianity as a violent religion, the way he's labeling Islam.
      Bigotry & bias FTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
        They have a right to be pissed. Freedom of speech is not a one way street. You have the right to say anything you want, and in turn have the right to shoot you in the ****ing head.

Thats how it works.

If you don't want that reaction, don't **** with people.

Maybe we should start drawing cartoons of jews being marched into ovens. Its freedom right?

Lets not let a few sensitive wankers get in the way of us acting like *******s.

This here right here...any1 who disagrees with this

**** u!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trim0 View Post
          On top of it, he still didn't answer my question if it would be fair for me to label Christianity as a violent religion, the way he's labeling Islam.
          Bigotry & bias FTW.
          absolutely freedom of speech right? if thats how you feel good for you i might argue your point but im not going to resort to violent threats.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
            So I posted a Muslim and what he has said about abrogation but you like your buddy ignored it, once again.

Originally posted by Trim0 View Post
            Bigotry & bias FTW.
            I answered your question but by the look of your response, you not even reading my posts. Did you skip the entire post about the Crusades? Why they were wrong?

I guess when you have no answers, it's easy to just call it ignorance and turn the other way.

The bottom line is, if you don't respect what people have to say, no matter how offensive it might be to some, then move the fuk out of the west.

Here, we don't persecute gays, believers, non-believers or anyone else who might want to worship, preach or practice anything they chose as long as they are not infringing on the civil rights of others.

It's called freedom of religion and speech. Don't like it, then move to Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia or any other country that is intolerant of outsiders, different religions or women.
            Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 05-21-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Exactly, I'm tired of people who hate this country moving here, and then doing everything they can to change it into the ****hole they came from.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                So I posted a Muslim and what he has said about abrogation but you like your buddy ignored it, once again.

I answered your question but by the look of your response, you not even reading my posts. Did you skip the entire post about the Crusades? Why they were wrong?

I guess when you have no answers, it's easy to just call it ignorance and turn the other way.

The bottom line is, if you don't respect what people have to say, no matter how offensive it might be to some, then move the fuk out of the west.

Here, we don't persecute gays, believers, non-believers or anyone else who might want to worship, preach or practice anything they chose as long as they are not infringing on the civil rights of others.

It's called freedom of religion and speech. Don't like it, then move to Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia or any other country that is intolerant of outsiders, different religions or women.
                Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

When did I ever say I'm against freedom of speech?
                And you still didn't answer properly. Having fun side-tracking the argument, I'm done with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trim0 View Post
                  Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

When did I ever say I'm against freedom of speech?
                  And you still didn't answer properly. Having fun side-tracking the argument, I'm done with you.
                  Hmmmmmm...

So your contention is that we send people to Guantanamo for believing in Islam, not for killing, or attempting to kill, large groups of Americans?

Okay.

So in your world:

"Well we were going to put you to death for murdering those women and kids, but I seem to have overlooked your religion, looks like you are free to go."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Hmmmmmm...

So your contention is that we send people to Guantanamo for believing in Islam, not for killing, or attempting to kill, large groups of Americans?
                    That happened to be the case quite often at the time.
                    Why do you think so many innocent prisoners were released?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sultanisking View Post
                      this thread is going down the wrong path, to the haters supporting this 'day'

if muslims themselves are not allowed to draw the prophet as it is regarded as a sin , how is it freedom of speech for non muslims?
                      The Quran doesnt forbid Muslims from drawing Muhammed. He has been depicted in Islamic art many times.

It seemed to all start because of the cartoon of Muhammed with a bomb on his head, that was meant to represent what the terrorists have done to how the public and the media portray Islam.

Then South Park were censored when wanting to simply show a cartoon of Muhammed on screen. Nothing derogatory, just showing him.

They recieved death threats.

So its all got out of control, and people need to question why a simple drawing can be so offensive.
                      We shouldnt give into irrational threats of violence.

Comment

Working...
                      X