Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Utah Jazz fire Jerry Sloan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Utah Jazz fire Jerry Sloan?

Don't get me wrong, I think Jerry is a great coach and he's done a lot for that team. He's a HOF coach, but I think they should move in a different direction.

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think Jerry is a great coach and he's done a lot for that team. He's a HOF coach, but I think they should move in a different direction.
    no they shouldn't. firing coaches is overrated in sports. Jerry Sloan is a great coach and no matter what roster he has had over the years in Utah, they have always been a good team.

remember this ^^^
    Doc Rivers in his first year with the Celtics only had like 20 wins. The next year, the celtics won the championship. All the fans and media in Boston wanted Rivers and Ainge to be fired, and they were wrong. It just so happened that he was a great coach with a bad roster of players. Now both ainge and rivers are worshipped in Boston.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the ultimate goal for a team is to win the NBA championship. As great as he is, in 20+ seasons, only 2 NBA finals and no championships. I do agree tho that the league's front offices are too eager to pull the trigger. Coaches used to last for a good 4-5 years. Now you get 1 or 2.

Comment

With a healthy AK-47 though, I think they could pull it off.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the ultimate goal for a team is to win the NBA championship. As great as he is, in 20+ seasons, only 2 NBA finals and no championships. I do agree tho that the league's front offices are too eager to pull the trigger. Coaches used to last for a good 4-5 years. Now you get 1 or 2.
          he just needs a better team. the jazz aren't that great of a team past deron and boozer. they have a bunch of bench players playing as starters. they are over achieving and that has to be credited to Sloan.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            he just needs a better team. the jazz aren't that great of a team past deron and boozer. they have a bunch of bench players playing as starters. they are over achieving and that has to be credited to Sloan.

Of course. Like I said, he runs a great system over there. He had a great team w/ Malone, Stockton, and Hornacek, also. What they should do now tho, is build around DWill and get some quality big guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              no they shouldn't. firing coaches is overrated in sports. Jerry Sloan is a great coach and no matter what roster he has had over the years in Utah, they have always been a good team.

remember this ^^^
              Doc Rivers in his first year with the Celtics only had like 20 wins. The next year, the celtics won the championship. All the fans and media in Boston wanted Rivers and Ainge to be fired, and they were wrong. It just so happened that he was a great coach with a bad roster of players. Now both ainge and rivers are worshipped in Boston.
              I agree it has gotten the to the point to where i cannot understand how kids these days even become fans when your coach and fav players are here 1 year and gone the next,i think of how pissed off i would have been for Elway to get traded and shanny getting fired pre title run man i would have quit watching fottball.

Comment

yes.

fire sloan so the lakers can replace phil jackson with him.

sloan has done more with less than anyone.

you guys do realize the jazz are missing 2/5 of their starting lineup right?

and they still whooped the nuggets.

Comment

Of course. Like I said, he runs a great system over there. He had a great team w/ Malone, Stockton, and Hornacek, also. What they should do now tho, is build around DWill and get some quality big guys.
                  that's not sloan's job.

that's the GM's job.

sloan is doing the best he can with what he has.

just a bad draw for them to run into the lakers.

this jazz team would be competitive with the old ass spurs and lame ass suns.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus Tua View Post
                    that's not sloan's job.

that's the GM's job.

sloan is doing the best he can with what he has.

just a bad draw for them to run into the lakers.

this jazz team would be competitive with the old ass spurs and lame ass suns.

I understand that. I'm just throwing that out there cause I've always wondered if it would benefit them with going in a different direction. As a coach, the guy is one of the best, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X