Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medium gets pwned by middle aged women

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't that John Edwards tool get exposed too?

Comment

rellik is a medium

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this guy for-real??????

I hope nobody is paying this fraud - to babble and guess.
        Basically this is how it works. It's called "cold reading". They throw out tons of abstractions, guesses and generalities and wait for someone to respond. When they do they throw out more generalities, discard the misses and concentrate on the hits. Anyone can lean to do it. In a live audience it is generally easier, especially if you can get a good crowd together. One on one you're typically looking at someone who has paid extravagantly for a "reading" and is therefore already predisposed to believe you. They don't usually do live TV, and when they do appear on TV they edit out the misses.

British illusionist Derren Brown when interviewed by Richard Dawkins said that a lot of people study hard to learn how to do magic tricks, but beyond the children's party circuit there's really not much of an audience for a magician. But by pretending to be a psychic medium and picking on credulous and desperate widows you can find yourself an audience of people who should know better and simply apply some of the tricks you use to them.

It's really a sham.

Comment

For the record I used to be a medium but I stopped for the following reason:

Now I am an extra large.

Comment

****ing hate those fraud ****s.

"Jim? James?, Jane?, John?, Joan?, Jack?......Peter!, Yea, thats the name im getting!".

Comment

Yeah, I've read Derren's book. He also said that some people kind of know it's nonsense, but still take some comfort in it anyway. With that in mind, it's difficult to completely side against them, even though they are clearly exploiting most people.

Comment

That would be the sort of thing:

Confidence Trickster: I'm getting a name around you, something like David, Dave, Darren, Dylan, Derek

Unsuspecting Mark: I had an uncle Derek

CT: And I'm getting that you were very close to him, he was someone you spent a lot of time with

UM: No, I only met him twice

CT: And I feel that he has a great sadness about that because he really wanted to be closer to you, but he felt that there was something in the way that was stopping him.

UM: Well he lived overseas...

CT: Yes that makes sense because he's telling me that he feels you'd like to travel more, is that right?

etc.

If you throw out enough stuff like

you find sometimes you lose your temper or get frustrated too easily
                I feel a lot of movement like you like to travel around
                I'm sensing sickness or illness around [insert name of deceased elderly relative here]
                you've been worrying about money recently, haven't you?
                there's something about an item of clothing, but not clothes something like a hat or some shoes, something like an accessory

and then you discard the misses and run with the hits. There's one born every minute.

Comment

"Were you married?"

"No."

"I'm not suprised"

ROFL.

Comment

Comment

Wow that was painful to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X