No announcement yet.

Why did Jordan leave the NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Jordan leave the NBA?

Just wanted to hear some opinions. Do you think it was baseball, really?

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Just wanted to hear some opinions. Do you think it was baseball, really?
    nah not totally...i think he felt bad that his gambling debts got his father killed and needed time off.....baseball was diff and fun not job for him think he needed some pressure off him

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
      nah not totally...i think he felt bad that his gambling debts got his father killed and needed time off.....baseball was diff and fun not job for him think he needed some pressure off him
      nothing more nefarious than just debts and what happened to his dad?

If debts were his problem, why leave a game where you are making that much $ and risk endorsement loss?

If you're so concerned with your dad and need time away why play MINOR LEAGUE baseball where you are on the road all the time?

Comment

nothing more nefarious than just debts and what happened to his dad?

If debts were his problem, why leave a game where you are making that much $ and risk endorsement loss?

If you're so concerned with your dad and need time away why play MINOR LEAGUE baseball where you are on the road all the time?
        his dad was murdered....i'm not guaranteeing it was from gambling debts..media hyped that one up..but its not uncommon and he has been known to have a gambling problem....mafia was in basketball apparently i thought most of that talk to b myth but once again i cant stress the 60minutes episode enough with Donahue it told all...all your ?'s pretty much can disprove the gambling debt theory less he was forced to leave basketball by them..but doubtfull.....think he jus mainly needed to find himself again and needed change surrounding him to do that

Comment

There are rumors that Stern told him to leave for a while. Jordan was in deep **** with his gambling problems then the death of his father.

Comment

I have no doubt that he had some gambling debt, but why quit a sport because your dad got murdered and play another mentally grueling sport.

I don't think Jordan made the decision.

Comment

It's hard to really know why. I may be wrong, but I thought his Dad was a big baseball fan and would have liked for Michael to be a Major League baseball player. So in honor of his dad he gave baseball a shot and a that time in his basketball career he had done it all and probably knew if baseball didn't work out he could just go back to basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                It's hard to really know why. I may be wrong, but I thought his Dad was a big baseball fan and would have liked for Michael to be a Major League baseball player. So in honor of his dad he gave baseball a shot and a that time in his basketball career he had done it all and probably knew if baseball didn't work out he could just go back to basketball.

That I don't remember about his dad, but you may be right.

Seems like his dad would be a bit of a harda$$ to want Jordan to play baseball when he's in the middle of a professional basketball dynasty. Jordan's personality is that he's a pretty hard dude, I'm not sure if that one computes with me, but it's possible.

Comment

That I don't remember about his dad, but you may be right.

Seems like his dad would be a bit of a harda$$ to want Jordan to play baseball when he's in the middle of a professional basketball dynasty. Jordan's personality is that he's a pretty hard dude, I'm not sure if that one computes with me, but it's possible.
                  I don't think he wanted him to switch sports in the middle of his great basketball career, but I guess if Michael was gonna be a professional athlete he would have liked him to be a baseball player. So in honor of his dad's love for the sport he gave baseball a shot. Didn't work out, but he gave it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                    I don't think he wanted him to switch sports in the middle of his great basketball career, but I guess if Michael was gonna be a professional athlete he would have liked him to be a baseball player. So in honor of his dad's love for the sport he gave baseball a shot. Didn't work out, but he gave it a try.
                    As I mentioned in my last one, that just doesn't compute to me. Jordan is not all that sappy to me. I could be totally wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X