Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are blacks athletically superior to the rest of us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give the white man some credit. There are some great white athletes out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
      I'm trying to show the difference between athelte and athletic, which is what we are talking about in this thread. Sure, any guy that competes in something that it labeled a sport can be considered an athlete. Some people consider chess to be a sport. Should the best chess player then be compared to someone like brock lesnar or lebron james when it comes to athletic prowess?
      I know exactly what your saying. I know lebron is a better athlete then any guy I listed.

To say Tiger Woods i flat out the best athlete though is stupid. I hate when people say it. If your going to go by those rules, why not mention federer, or phelps, who have actually dominated there sport way more then Tiger has, not to mention you have to be way more athletic to dominate tennis or swimming the ****in golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        It's enough,you got an handfull of eastern europeans in the boxing HW divisions and they dominate that ****.
        And, their level of dominance is amazing. However, a small statistical pool is not really enough to make an accurate assement of. However, you can stand back and be amazed at the dominance of that small pool, if incase they are dominant.

Comment

Again, most blacks don't compete in the decathalon, for whatever reason. It's not something that blacks have interest in. Also, some of the events in it, discus, javelin.. are white sports.

You look at the best long distance sprinters. They are mostly blacks coming from ethiopia or kenya.
          How do you know that??

When you begin track and field,you try everything at the begining.
          Then you go where you are gifted.

So,sprint is a black sport??

You talk like blacks could dominate swimming and field sports easy as well but choose sprint and basket ball unfortunately.
          I don't believe that.

You excel where you are gifted and thats the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
            I know exactly what your saying. I know lebron is a better athlete then any guy I listed.

To say Tiger Woods i flat out the best athlete though is stupid. I hate when people say it. If your going to go by those rules, why not mention federer, or phelps, who have actually dominated there sport way more then Tiger has, not to mention you have to be way more athletic to dominate tennis or swimming the ****in golf.
            The term athlete gets used the wrong way sometimes. Tiger isn't the best athlete. He may be one of the best people competing in a sport, though. But as far as athletic talent, he isn't.

Check this page out. It's very interesting: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              How do you know that??

When you begin track and field,you try everything at the begining.
              Then you go where you are gifted.

So,sprint is a black sport??

You talk like blacks could dominate swimming and field sports easy as well but choose sprint and basket ball unfortunately.
              I don't believe that.

You excel where you are gifted and thats the point.
              Some people are so gifted at one thing that they shun the other things, which require more athletic talent. Why would someone want to become a swimmer if they can run a 4.3 40 and jump at a vertical of 50 inches? Come on, man. Add on the fact of the close naturedness of the sports. Swimming is an exclusive sport, just like all those white decathalon sports.

Comment

The term athlete gets used the wrong way sometimes. Tiger isn't the best athlete. He may be one of the best people competing in a sport, though. But as far as athletic talent, he isn't.

Check this page out. It's very interesting: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
                Ya I saw that. I just dont like Tiger Woods. I hear people say he is the best athlete i teh world and it just bugs me. I never liked him before all the scandals, his personality just seemed so arrogant and bitchy to me, and as we know now it is.

But ya that link.. All the mma guys got pissed about that. It was funny.

Comment

Some people are so gifted at one thing that they shun the other things, which require more athletic talent. Why would someone want to become a swimmer if they can run a 4.3 40 and jump at a vertical of 50 inches? Come on, man. Add on the fact of the close naturedness of the sports. Swimming is an exclusive sport, just like all those white decathalon sports.
                  The Decathlon consists og

1500m
                  Javelin
                  long jump
                  high jump
                  shot put
                  pole vault
                  discuss
                  110 hurles

Id say it's pretty even between white and black events. Dominating the decathlon is the definition of an athlete. Being good at every aspect of athletism.

Comment

• Alright, man, good points made both ways. I'm out of here. I got to continue with the rest of my night. You guys have a great night.

Comment

I disagree,
                      I mean,swimming is more complete than sprinting.
                      Sprinter aren't rich athletes too.

If in the finals sprinters all are blacks,there is reason.

Also,if in the finals swimmers all are whites,there is a reason too.
                      If blacks were swimming like dolphins,USA would bring a black team at the olympics and you know that.
                      Unfortunately,they swimn like bricks(joking).

Don't tell me swimming isn't a famous sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X