No announcement yet.

LOL - At Britain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] LOL - At Britain

Every British person should be aware of this **** already, but I'm just informing out friends from the other parts of the world.

I'm aware the first issue is being enforced to varying degrees in other parts of the world too.

But in Britain, the government made it illegal a few years ago to smoke in any public place. I'm just so sick of this dumb sensitive ****, I bet non smokers weren't complaining it was the government trying to control; again. It's how it works in the UK, the government decides what people should be offended by.

It's just another right taken away, they have the right to walk away if they don't want to be near someone smoking. It's causing bars and places of the like to close in the UK, because to have a smoke people have to go outside every time and they figure it's easier to just not bother going. So those places lose trade.

I'm not even a smoker, I just feel bad for them and think it's disgusting how it's been made illegal to smoke in public with the public having no real say in the matter, just because the government think it's best for us.

Alcohol. This is a good one; to curb the high rates of under-age and binge drinking going on in the UK, the government steadily increases the price of alcohol, to make it too expensive for teenagers to buy it, or buy much of it. That's a good idea, instead of us controlling the problem, let's just also punish legal and responsible drinkers. And who says that isn't just an excuse for the government to make more money off alcohol and nothing to do with protecting people. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Obesity is another good one. Let's control the problem of fat people by banning, food that's we think is unhealthy. So that means pretty soon everyone has to be on a permanent diet, because of people who can't eat junk food responsibly.

So the UK government wants to control where we are allowed to smoke, how much we're allowed to drink and what we're allowed to eat. And there are more examples I haven't got the time to point out and there will be more to come.

Fuck this ****.

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
    Every British person should be aware of this **** already, but I'm just informing out friends from the other parts of the world.

I'm aware the first issue is being enforced to varying degrees in other parts of the world too.

But in Britain, the government made it illegal a few years ago to smoke in any public place. I'm just so sick of this dumb sensitive ****, I bet non smokers weren't complaining it was the government trying to control; again. It's how it works in the UK, the government decides what people should be offended by.

It's just another right taken away, they have the right to walk away if they don't want to be near someone smoking. It's causing bars and places of the like to close in the UK, because to have a smoke people have to go outside every time and they figure it's easier to just not bother going. So those places lose trade.

I'm not even a smoker, I just feel bad for them and think it's disgusting how it's been made illegal to smoke in public with the public having no real say in the matter, just because the government think it's best for us.

Alcohol. This is a good one; to curb the high rates of under-age and binge drinking going on in the UK, the government steadily increases the price of alcohol, to make it too expensive for teenagers to buy it, or buy much of it. That's a good idea, instead of us controlling the problem, let's just also punish legal and responsible drinkers. And who says that isn't just an excuse for the government to make more money off alcohol and nothing to do with protecting people. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Obesity is another good one. Let's control the problem of fat people by banning, food that's we think is unhealthy. So that means pretty soon everyone has to be on a permanent diet, because of people who can't eat junk food responsibly.

So the UK government wants to control where we are allowed to smoke, how much we're allowed to drink and what we're allowed to eat. And there are more examples I haven't got the time to point out and there will be more to come.

Fuck this ****.

I'm glad I can go somewhere and not end up smelling like an ashtray at the end of the night, I smoke as well when I drink.

Fat ****s put a strain your health system so fuck em. Some of these fat ****s need to know when to put down the burgers and go for a walk.

Comment

Same around these parts. The control is getting out of hand but on a sidenote, nothing wrong with a healthy society.

Comment

Why should non smokers have to breath in smoke and stink like ****?

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          They shouldn't. But it's not like you have to be near a smoker every minute of the day.

Why should smokers be inconvenienced?

Comment

I don't have any issues with the smoking ban or the efforts to improve people's eating habits, however, the war against alcohol is something that pisses me right off and needs to be stopped. Yes there is a problem with underage drinking and binge drinking, but there has got to be a better way to combat them than to tax the **** out of alcohol.

At my local a pint of Strongbow was £1.90 less than two years ago, now a pint will cost you £2.90. Pubs are the lifeblood of this country yet the government seems to be trying to get them shut down one by one. I just can't see an end to it...we are in harsh financial times yet the price of pint is still increasing.

**** off!!!!

Comment

America the beautiful, baby

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                agreed

________

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                  I don't have any issues with the smoking ban or the efforts to improve people's eating habits, however, the war against alcohol is something that pisses me right off and needs to be stopped. Yes there is a problem with underage drinking and binge drinking, but there has got to be a better way to combat them than to tax the **** out of alcohol.

At my local a pint of Strongbow was £1.90 less than two years ago, now a pint will cost you £2.90. Pubs are the lifeblood of this country yet the government seems to be trying to get them shut down one by one. I just can't see an end to it...we are in harsh financial times yet the price of pint is still increasing.

**** off!!!!
                  I know. I was out last Saturday and a round of 5 drinks cost just over £15.

Takes the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post

**** off!!!!
                    you and me both monk. A war on alcohol!!!!!!! I'm outraged and placing britan in the same terrorist catagory as Muslim countries who ban alcohol. Fukn low lifes. I now hate your government and will do everythng in my power to destroy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X