Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to learn how to play guitar any help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to learn how to play guitar any help?

i have no prior guitar experience or any other muscial instruments experienced what so ever.. i have a guitar at home and i want to start learning how to play from step 1 i cant afford a tutor so therefore im asking you guys for help. do u know any sites or youtube videos that you recommend for beginners? i've tried to search for some but they all expected you know the basics already which i dont.. and don't have a clue what they're talking about.. and also if i could play a regular guitar does it mean i can play electric guitar too?

Originally posted by phook View Post
    i have no prior guitar experience or any other muscial instruments experienced what so ever.. i have a guitar at home and i want to start learning how to play from step 1 i cant afford a tutor so therefore im asking you guys for help. do u know any sites or youtube videos that you recommend for beginners? i've tried to search for some but they all expected you know the basics already which i dont.. and don't have a clue what they're talking about.. and also if i could play a regular guitar does it mean i can play electric guitar too?
    Go On youtube...that might help im sure they might have some guitar lessons on there.

Comment

i'm no expert but i can play a few tunes on my guitar......i'm self taught....you gotta learn the chords first which is boring at first but you need to know the basics......then practice with easy guitar riffs (eg. smoke on the water).......someone will probably tell you how to begin in more detail though

Comment

My niece learned to play her guitar from youtube videos she is getting pretty good 2.

Comment

Youtube, it's easier to learn the guitar now because of youtube.

Comment

I agree with everyone youtube is a great free way to learn. Also go to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ to learn some tabs.

Comment

Learn on an acoustic guitar. You have to learn a bunch of chords and memorize them and learn to switch back and forth between them. I'd recommend learning some easy songs that you like as well. That keeps it fun. If you like Bob Dylan at all, most of his songs consist of basic chords and pretty easy to play.

First, I'd say learn the major chords on this chart. (Left column going down) The regular A,B,C,D,E,F,G chords. Then move to the right on to minor, seventh, minor seventh, etc... in each shape.

Comment

Working...
              X