Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some religious people ridicule Sciences beliefs on how the Universe came to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    The underlying concept is the equation .... If you have a living organism that has an evolutionary growth process, then how did that evolutionary process begin. And because of its genetic makeup ..... it had to be brought into existence by an external force {i.e GOD}
    i know where ya goin i already made a vid bout dat **** :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      you got it all figured out man wow but the question of what came first the chicken or the egg is not meant to be taken literally but as a metaphor for the origins of the universe and man which not even you know.
      which came first man or the universe? ummmmmmm i'm gonna go with man cause where so good at existing where theres nothing to exist in.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Yes but 100 years ago the knowledge of rocket propulsion was beyond our reach,200 years ago the knowledge of powered travel was beyond our reach, 300 years ago the knowledge of longitudinal navigation was beyond our reach...

All knowledge is beyond our reach if we don't bother reaching for it.
        Even if we figured out how and or why the universe was made for certain or conclusively if there is/was or is not/never was a God to create it, I feel every little would change in ppls day to day lives and this new info would have the power to effect very little.

In either case way you would just have a few more or a few less ppl going to religious institutions depending on what the truth was and many would not be accepting of the truth anyway.

PPL would still have to go on with their lives, do the things they do to survive and what they like to do for enjoyment, so whats the point of asking questions like that other than for the purpose of mental exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
          which came first man or the universe? ummmmmmm i'm gonna go with man.
          the chicken

Comment

The underlying concept is the equation .... If you have a living organism that has an evolutionary growth process, then how did that evolutionary process begin. And because of its genetic makeup ..... it had to be brought into existence by an external force {i.e GOD}
            Wrong. All that was necessary to commence natural selection is a molecule that replicates itself with reasonable copy-fidelity but with some errors of duplication. Duplication errors which make the molecule more likely to make more copies prosper while duplication errors which make the molecule less likely to make more copies eventually "die" out.

Proteins which spontaneously self-replicate will also spontaneously form using the very same natural forces governing all chemical reactions under the "right" conditions.

Once you have replication in place evolution is not just a possibility, it's a certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I am talking about this one issue, its beyond our reach so lets just forget about it.
              Lol Spray you sound like mangler in this thread.

Some people are just interested in learning and educating themselves further even if it's Batman beyond their reach to get the answer. everyone had that same attitude we would have had no TVs, no Airplanes, no Radio. We would have still been cavemen I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                the chicken
                so man is gonna evolve at some point and create another universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Even if we figured out how and or why the universe was made for certain or conclusively if there is/was or is not/never was a God to create it, I feel every little would change in ppls day to day lives and this new info would have the power to effect very little.

In either case way you would just have a few more or a few less ppl going to religious institutions depending on what the truth was and many would not be accepting of the truth anyway.

PPL would still have to go on with their lives, do the things they do to survive and what they like to do for enjoyment, so whats the point of asking questions like that other than for the purpose of mental exercise?
                  it is curiousity it is the way we are it is what lead us to the scientific age and our current technology it is the foundation of modern civilization, if don't like investigating and try understanding more about the nature of the world around then your not human.

Comment

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge itself is a noble one. And that's without even considering the side effects that all discoveries have that end up improving the level of technology in eberyone's lives. Do you think that the moon landing itself actually changed anyone's life that was not directly involved with the programme? No. But the advances in technology that made the moon landings possible certainly did, part of the result a few decades down the line is the computer you are communicating with me on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
                      Lol Spray you sound like mangler in this thread.

Some people are just interested in learning and educating themselves further even if it's Batman beyond their reach to get the answer. everyone had that same attitude we would have had no TVs, no Airplanes, no Radio. We would have still been cavemen I think.
                      This guy may have a problem with your attitude towards caveppl

Photobucket

^^^^^ that something you wanna deal with? huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X