Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does King get his own day and Washington and Lincoln has to share?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    i dont get MLK Day off...it is an invalid holiday IMO
    I bet you don't complain on your relaxing day off though.

Comment

i dont get MLK Day off...it is an invalid holiday IMO
      mak , i hear amare to the cavs is almost a done deal.

stupid cavs are sealing our title for us.

if they get amare and lose big z , their chances just went from slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Banned Tua View Post
        we like holidays as much as the next guy but the truth is mlk doesn't deserve it.

it's not right.

my company feels the same way...i hate going in on MLK day while the rest of the world stays home

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
        huh? i just said that i DONT get the day off

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
          who does?

i don't mind getting a day either (you're talking about 2 guys in me and mak who called in sick when the bucs beat the raiders in the bowl) but i'm just saying mlk doesn't deserve his own day and lincoln and washington has to share.

Comment

for real? been outta the loop this weekend...checked out the fights in vegas...i saw the Caron deal tho...dont think its gonna help em...maybe bring them closer to the Nuggets but they still get smoked by the lakers

Comment

who does?

i don't mind getting a day either (you're talking about 2 guys in me and mak who called in sick when the bucs beat the raiders in the bowl) but i'm just saying mlk doesn't deserve his own day and lincoln and washington has to share.
              I think they all deserve their own day. I am still pissed about the Veteran's.
              I mean they give one to the dead veteran's and screw the ones that actually stay alive while in combat.

That is wrong.

P.S. In NSB I read Amare picked Pac over Mayweather. he he he.

Comment

As long as St Patrick's day is still going strong, the rest of these 'Mickey Mouse, no one gives a ****!' bank holidays can take a hike!

Roll on March 17th!

Comment

anyone else annoyed about mlk day like me?

why not call it "political activist" day and commemorate everyone who stood for civil rights?

abraham lincoln freed the slaves! washington fought for every americans freedom!

they have to share a day but king gets his own day? what the hell did king do compared to a u.s. president?
                  Lincoln didn't free the slaves. How about Lincoln owned slaves??? And Lincoln didn't start the civil war to free the slaves. Yea, signed the document to end slavery, but I wouldn't really give him full credit. MLK helped change the way of thinking of a lot of people. He stood for equality and human rights.

Comment

who does?

In the past, I've been known to change religions to cop extra days off.

Not anymore, though.

I just don't understand what they have against me changing faiths anymore but they limitied the days off for that.

Comment

for real? been outta the loop this weekend...checked out the fights in vegas...i saw the Caron deal tho...dont think its gonna help em...maybe bring them closer to the Nuggets but they still get smoked by the lakers

Oh that's right. You were pimpin at the Las Vegas Hilton..

How was it?

Must've been a blast.

Comment

Working...
                      X