No announcement yet.

Who's that suspicious character?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
    I was beyond stumped on that ****, Walt.

Plus I thought somebody guessed already.

Big L's verse on Thick.
    thick is my fukn song- you are all over my lyrics.

actually that whole album is my shi t that no one knows.

another one

Aiyyo my attitude is subject to change,
    I mess around and spit twelve at the driver's side door of your Range
    Six hit you, the other six, up in your dame
    Mafia style, leave you with your watch and your chains

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
      ANSWER:

Beatnuts - "Reign of the Tec"
      i thought I was getting there with nine and group home- all short dudes

Comment

• Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
        I googled that earlier and got the answer, but when I google lyrics to find the answer I don't say the answer because then I feel like a dirty little cheater.
        Stop cheating, bro. Boxingscene don't like cheaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          Walk the fine, short line, and put the needle to the grind
          Representin’ one kind, seeing eye for the blind
          Witness what I carry on bears a further purpose
          From how we do slam a few, then you want to purchase
          A dialogue of funk, you love to pop it in your trunk
          I win, more disciplined than a shaolin monk
          i know this one for the second line. pete and cl

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            i know this one for the second line. pete and cl
            Yep. Straighten It Out.

Comment

The ones i've highlighted, are also in my top 10.

I'm not even from the US, nevermind NY. There's no bias to undeniable classics.
              What is your top 10 black.ink?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. Rae started as my fave when he dropped Cuban Linx after Enter 36.....then Deck became my fave, which switched to Masta Killa when he came out with No Said Date and Made In Brooklyn (2 underrated albums). Ghost then got my props, when Fishscale exploded.

It changes more then i change my briefs, but as i listen (always have hip hop in background)....Deck just grabs my attention. Love ODB too.....and GZA.
                You know who I never hear being mentioned as a favorite or mentioned at all? U-God. And I don't mention him too much either. In his prime he had some crazy verses. Him and Masta Killa were locked up in prison doing time while Tical, OBFCL, Ironman, etc, came out. On the few verses that you hear them on in the mid 90s Wu albums you can tell U-God and Masta Killa were something special. When they came of jail they finally came out with their solo albums but their styles had slightly changed.

His 1999 post-prison first solo album U-God Redemption(Haha as in Shawshank Redemption) it's pretty good. If you don't have it you should buy it. Like Deck, it's a different sound from the "dark" sounds of th emid 90s Wu but it's still a good hip hop album.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
                  What is your top 10 black.ink?

It changes all the time. It's hard to narrow it down to 10, but i'll give it a go. Keep in mind this is a list of my favourite albums, not what neccesarily think are the greatest, so please no hate.

In No Order:

Illmatic (Nas), OB4CL (Raekwon), Enter 36 Chambers (Wu), Liquid Swords (GZA), Strictly Business (EPMD), Bizarre Ride 2 (Pharcyde), Infamous (Mobb), 93 Til Infinity (Souls Of Mischief), Pauls Boutique (Beastie Boys), Heavy Mental (Killah Priest)

This list will probably look different next week. So many classics left off.

Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
                  You know who I never hear being mentioned as a favorite or mentioned at all? U-God. And I don't mention him too much either. In his prime he had some crazy verses. Him and Masta Killa were locked up in prison doing time while Tical, OBFCL, Ironman, etc, came out. On the few verses that you hear them on in the mid 90s Wu albums you can tell U-God and Masta Killa were something special. When they came of jail they finally came out with their solo albums but their styles had slightly changed.

His 1999 post-prison first solo album U-God Redemption(Haha as in Shawshank Redemption) it's pretty good. If you don't have it you should buy it. Like Deck, it's a different sound from the "dark" sounds of th emid 90s Wu but it's still a good hip hop album.
                  I like U-God, he has the best voice of all of the Wu. 'Redemption' is a good album i agree, and i have 'Dopium' which was released last year. Definitely worth a listen, but was overshadowed through Raekwon, Ghosts and Method/Redman releases.

The only member who i consider weak, is Cappodonna. He goes hard on every track, but apart from a few standout verses, he has no right to be in that group. Everybody else can more then handle their own.

I'm looking forward to 'Three The Hard Way', the collaboration album from Rae, Ghost and Method.

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                    Stop cheating, bro. Boxingscene don't like cheaters.
                    Haha no you read it wrong it. I said I didn't know what it was so I googled it, but since I googled it I didn't say it. See I only say the answer If I come up with it myself.

Comment

It changes all the time. It's hard to narrow it down to 10, but i'll give it a go. Keep in mind this is a list of my favourite albums, not what neccesarily think are the greatest, so please no hate.

In No Order:

Illmatic (Nas), OB4CL (Raekwon), Enter 36 Chambers (Wu), Liquid Swords (GZA), Strictly Business (EPMD), Bizarre Ride 2 (Pharcyde), Infamous (Mobb), 93 Til Infinity (Souls Of Mischief), Pauls Boutique (Beastie Boys), Heavy Mental (Killah Priest)

This list will probably look different next week. So many classics left off.

The one in bold was one of the one's I felt bad for leaving out along with Capone N Noreaga's The War Report.

I like U-God, he has the best voice of all of the Wu. 'Redemption' is a good album i agree, and i have 'Dopium' which was released last year. Definitely worth a listen, but was overshadowed through Raekwon, Ghosts and Method/Redman releases.

The only member who i consider weak, is Cappodonna. He goes hard on every track, but apart from a few standout verses, he has no right to be in that group. Everybody else can more then handle their own.

I'm looking forward to 'Three The Hard Way', the collaboration album from Rae, Ghost and Method.
                      I've always tried liking Cappo but I'm just not a fan of his. He says hot lines here and there but overall I agree he's not really Wu Tang material. He should just stay as a Wu-Tang affiliate but not an original.

Comment

Working...
                      X