Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm never eating cheap meat produce again!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] I'm never eating cheap meat produce again!!!

I just watched Jimmy's Global Harvest - USA on the BBC iplayer, and what I saw upset me.

I always knew pigs and livestock were raised in poor conditions (as I used to work on a battery chicken farm for a few days) but never did I imagine conditions for the animals were as bad as the show detailed.

Pigs are significant and intelligent animals. Yet they are farmed on an industrial scale as if they are not living creatures. They are kept in cages which are not even big enough to turn around in, and they don't get to roam freely outdoors for all of their natural life. When the camera pans into the pigs eyes they are empty, soulless, and utterly depressed. Imagine being kept in cage, forced fed for 2 months, and artificially inseminated so the process can be repeated all over again. Some of the sows have probably been trapped in those cages for years, being forced to give birth to up to 30 piglets a year, until they are too old to produce healthy pigs and they are finally taken to the slaughter house to be made into 12 for $1 sausages. It's disgusting.

This is so people can buy poor, disgusting, and tasteless meat products on the cheap.

As a man with morals I'm going to start supporting free range pork, and only buy products that endorse it. It might be more expensive, and I might end up eating less meat than I presently consume, but at least I can enjoy the thought of an animal living somewhat of a natural life and being free in the open air.

I'm not a tree hugger or an environmentalist, but I believe that before we take an animals life for use as food, the animal should at least live its life first.

Join me BS members!!!

Sorry, I'm a Yank, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post

I just watched Jimmy's Global Harvest - USA on the BBC iplayer, and what I saw upset me.

I always knew pigs and livestock were raised in poor conditions (as I used to work on a battery chicken farm for a few days) but never did I imagine conditions for the animals were as bad as the show detailed.

Pigs are significant and intelligent animals. Yet they are farmed on an industrial scale as if they are not living creatures. They are kept in cages which are not even big enough to turn around in, and they don't get to roam freely outdoors for all of their natural life. When the camera pans into the pigs eyes they are empty, soulless, and utterly depressed. Imagine being kept in cage, forced fed for 2 months, and artificially inseminated so the process can be repeated all over again. Some of the sows have probably been trapped in those cages for years, being forced to give birth to up to 30 piglets a year, until they are too old to produce healthy pigs and they are finally taken to the slaughter house to be made into 12 for $1 sausages. It's disgusting.

This is so people can buy poor, disgusting, and tasteless meat products on the cheap.

As a man with morals I'm going to start supporting free range pork, and only buy products that endorse it. It might be more expensive, and I might end up eating less meat than I presently consume, but at least I can enjoy the thought of an animal living somewhat of a natural life and being free in the open air.

I'm not a tree hugger or an environmentalist, but I believe that before we take an animals life for use as food, the animal should at least live its life first.

Join me BS members!!!
      I've been doing this myself for a few years too mate. I was exposed to similar information and can't with a good conscience continue to eat factory farmed animals and products.

The treatment of animals in those places is repugnant.

I went vegetarian for about a year, and when I couldn't hold out it was all free range and organic for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewshua Loc View Post
        Sorry, I'm a Yank, mate.
        Enjoy your reformed turkey with 12% pork sausages.

Comment

Hm... I went through the same thing Jacky.

The taste and richness of organic food and free range meats is incredible as well.

Comment

Enjoy your reformed turkey with 12% pork sausages.

Comment

Originally posted by -JACK- View Post
              I've been doing this myself for a few years too mate. I was exposed to similar information and can't with a good conscience continue to eat factory farmed animals and products.

The treatment of animals in those places is repugnant.

I went vegetarian for about a year, and when I couldn't hold out it was all free range and organic for me.
              Good man. Everybody should eat food from a farm and not a factory.

Comment

Good man. Everybody should eat food from a farm and not a factory.
                Do you know what Monsanto is up to with its gmo plants and terminator seeds?

Comment

They're just pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
                    They're just pigs.
                    Stop supporting gay marriage.

Its gay!

Comment

Working...
                    X