Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has read the bible from beginning to end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore
    You are obviously an anti-Semite. Over and over again, you bash and ridicule those old Jewish legends.

I never see you ridicule Norse mythology, or Greek mythology. With you, it's alway the Jewish mythology you have an issue with!

But what you won't admit, is the part you REALLY have a problem with is in Leviticus "man shall not lay with man - it is abomination"
    I don't see Norse mythology being thrown at peoples faces or even influencing politics.. therefor your statement is stupid.

Comment

Carnivore just gave me red k cus I sonned his ass..
      He's trying to paint a picture that simply isn't so though.
      I seriously doubt Piggy's beef is with the people of Israel.. the fact of the matter is that Christianity has a lot of political power and control.. as does the muslim religion.
      I'm sure he despises both equally as they both hold large numbers of sheeple who will blindly follow. Norse gods don't.. I don't see whackos on TV today influencing people with Norse ideologies or even Greek ideologies.. or influencing politics and our everyday ways of life.

Comment

Yes I have. Thank you jail.

Comment

I'm not a fan of fairytales.

Comment

I liked the Quran more, it was more exciting. Also I want to read the vedas, upanishads and bhagavad gita.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I read it, cover the cover. I much prefer War and Peace. A coherent plot is helpful you know...

I have issue with this need for "guidance". Remember this is supposed to be the inspired word of god. Did god deliberately make it impenetrable and obscure so as to need interpretation?

Oh and while the gospels are easy in the New Testament the epistles are bloody tedious and just as crap as some of the toss in the old testament.

I don't think his intent is to convert but to simply read it as a cultural text, that is why he needs guidance. Your questions about how understandable the Bible is are applicable to those seeking God not those reading it casually which also explains why that coherent plot alludes you.
              Last edited by res; 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I had to read it when I was a kid and had to go to church, but never read the whole thing.

Comment

I have read it from front to back.

Its good to know from a literary standpoint.

Im by no means a good christian.

But writers use alot of biblical allusion in their stories so its good to know for the sake of knowing.

Comment

The movie was better.

Comment

Originally posted by baddest View Post
                      I liked the Quran more, it was more exciting. Also I want to read the vedas, upanishads and bhagavad gita.
                      Id also like to check that out seems seems very intlegently thought out.

Comment

Working...
                      X