Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has read the bible from beginning to end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I have learned more in the Lounge than I have from any book.
    ....true story

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
      ....true story

Not surprising,

its natural to learn more from human contact than from a book.

Comment

I have learned more in the Lounge than I have from any book.
        You trust what you read in the lounge?

HAHAHAHAHA!
        Last edited by res; 01-19-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
          You trust what you read in the lounge?

HAHAHAHAHA.
          Well, when someone ends their post with "true story", thats enough for me.

true story

Comment

I attempted, but stopped at Genesis. Where Cain lures his brother Abel into a murderous trap. I take the Bible with a grain of salt, but the stories are truly amazing though. I'll probably read it all eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash_Ketchum View Post
              Interesting. Well I am Atheist I guess. I don't believe in god, devil, heaven, or hell. I have been thinking about reading books for the first time in 5 years(I was blind until my recent cornea trans.). Reason I want to read books is to clear my mind of my negative thoughts and get my mind rolling and thinking about positive things and I think maybe reading the bible a bit might be a good start. I'm not sure yet. I can no longer think positive on my own, I have to put my pride to the side and admit i need help to get my mind back on track. You think reading the Bible might be a good idea?
              I would advise starting with the New Testament, the old testameent can be difficult without guidance, the portion Tortilla is reading depicts events possibly 2000 years before the birth of Christ . The Mindset of the New Testament is much more familar and it's just altogether easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                in the end, the butler did it
                HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!

El Machiavelio strikes again.

Comment

Well, when someone ends their post with "true story", thats enough for me.

true story
                  Correct mate. NWO 4 life.

Comment

I read it, cover the cover. I much prefer War and Peace. A coherent plot is helpful you know...

I would advise starting with the New Testament, the old testameent can be difficult without guidance
                    I have issue with this need for "guidance". Remember this is supposed to be the inspired word of god. Did god deliberately make it impenetrable and obscure so as to need interpretation?

Oh and while the gospels are easy in the New Testament the epistles are bloody tedious and just as crap as some of the toss in the old testament.

I tell you one thing that's good in the bible: The body-count. Everyone that god doesn't personally kill, he orders the Israelites to kill for him. What an *******.

Comment

read the bible? why would i do that?

Comment

Working...
                      X