Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming my ass. It was 15 and snowing in Mississippi this morning.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** all you pricks who took this too seriously.

I know the facts on global warming and all the trends.

this thread was tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
      Humans are plaguing the earth, we have to get rid of them.
      Yes, ignorant people like squealpiggy and his ilk must be disposed of in the human trash heap.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
        haha

The cold kills more than heat on average every year....fact
        As warming becomes more established and the weather settles down you'll see less people dying through cold resulting in a net lowering of premature deaths resulting from temperature. Hence I like Bjorn Lomborg's way of looking at things.

Here's what I mean: Now we have 2 deaths from heat and 10 deaths from cold per year. In ten years we will have 4 deaths per year from heat. GASP! Deaths from heat have DOUBLED! Everybody panic! Oh, but at the same time we have half as many deaths from cold... So we only have 5 deaths from cold. So our aggregate deaths from temperature extremes has actually fallen by 25%. The fact that this phenomenon is overlooked doesn't speak well for the politicized version of environmentalism, which is why I don't support people like Al Gore and Greenpeace but I still accept the consensus of anthropogenic climate change.

The earth is in a cooling trend now.
        No it isn't.

Its cyclical and it all corresponds to sunspot activity.
        No it isn't and no it doesn't. Global temperature is cyclical, true, caused by the distance between the earth and the sun. We're currently at the solar minimum which results in lower aggregate temperatures and the cycle happens every decade or so. The trouble is that temperatures haven't lowered as they usually do going into the solar minimum, and this is because of global warming.

The sunspot study by Svensmark is widely regarded as flawed, but of course because you've already decided that global warming is a malthusian (haha) conspiracy then you're going to conclude that the dissent with this study is part of the conspiracy. It's curious that you disavow science when it disagrees with your position and yet you celebrate it when you feel it corroborates your argument.

I'll allow this sort of scientific talk, but the minute you people say its "man made", I'll kick your asses straight to the moon.
        Given your demonstrated level of scientific knowledge you probably think that this would be a viable method of space exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          No it isn't and no it doesn't. Global temperature is cyclical, true, caused by the distance between the earth and the sun. We're currently at the solar minimum which results in lower aggregate temperatures and the cycle happens every decade or so. The trouble is that temperatures haven't lowered as they usually do going into the solar minimum, and this is because of global warming.

The sunspot study by Svensmark is widely regarded as flawed, but of course because you've already decided that global warming is a malthusian (haha) conspiracy then you're going to conclude that the dissent with this study is part of the conspiracy. It's curious that you disavow science when it disagrees with your position and yet you celebrate it when you feel it corroborates your argument.

Given your demonstrated level of scientific knowledge you probably think that this would be a viable method of space exploration.
          Yes it is and yes it does. You don't need to be a scientist to understand the fact that co2 has nothing to do with climate.

All you need to do is go back to the medieval warm period. Back then the co2 levels were lower, yet the temperatures were higher.

Greenland had no ice and tropical fruit was growing in Nova Scotia.

If you wanna believe in this man made **** go ahead and stick your head in the sand, but don't try to legislate any new bull**** laws to try and "save the planet" cuz' then we gotta problem.

/

Comment

Updated: 45 min 40 sec ago
            Clear
            14 °F
            Clear
            Windchill: 4 °F
            Humidity: 64%
            Dew Point: 4 °F
            Wind: 7 mph from the WNW
            Pressure: 30.56 in (Rising)
            Visibility: 10.0 miles
            UV: 0 out of 16
            Clouds:
            Clear -
            (Above Ground Level)
            Snow Depth: 9.0 in that's a lot of ****in snow
            Elevation: 741 ft
            Last edited by Stab Judah; 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Yes it is and yes it does. You don't need to be a scientist to understand the fact that co2 has nothing to do with climate.
              No, probably not. But it's no coincidence that scientists overwhelmingly find that "fact" to be complete bunk. I would suggest that it HELPS you to think that CO2 has nothing to do with global warming if you're not a science.

Confirmation bias.

All you need to do is go back to the medieval warm period. Back then the co2 levels were lower, yet the temperatures were higher.
              Medieval Warm Period was largely a local phenomenon. Global aggregate temperatures were lower than we find today even when some regions showed higher temperatures.

If you wanna believe in this man made **** go ahead and stick your head in the sand
              Sticking your head in the sand is when your reaction to evidence is to deny deny deny, and to cling on to any piece of evidence that could possibly support your position even long after it is discredited. It should be fairly obvious that this is the tactic you are taking with your comment that began with the phrase "you don't need to be a scientist to...".

but don't try to legislate any new bull**** laws to try and "save the planet" cuz' then we gotta problem.
              I never had to pegged as an internet tough guy but I was sadly wrong. "we gotta problem"? Whoowee, sorry B.A. have some milk.

In any case I think that spending huge amounts of money on ineffective programmes is a bad idea. More discussion is needed on what steps to take before we start trying to actually stop the warming.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                No, probably not. But it's no coincidence that scientists overwhelmingly find that "fact" to be complete bunk. I would suggest that it HELPS you to think that CO2 has nothing to do with global warming if you're not a science.

Confirmation bias.
                This makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not a science?

Medieval Warm Period was largely a local phenomenon. Global aggregate temperatures were lower than we find today even when some regions showed higher temperatures.
                No it wasn't. It was worldwide, just like the Ice Age.

Why would they try to suppress talk of the medieval warm period if it wasn't so threatening to their case? Hmmm?

Sticking your head in the sand is when your reaction to evidence is to deny deny deny, and to cling on to any piece of evidence that could possibly support your position even long after it is discredited. It should be fairly obvious that this is the tactic you are taking with your comment that began with the phrase "you don't need to be a scientist to...".
                You don't need to be a scientist to figure out that the sun is the main climate driver. I know you wish is was more "scientific" than that, but its not. Its just that big ass ball of fire in the sky. Thats it.

You're the one backing a discredited model. All this crap about warming is based on computer models that track data since the mid 1850's. They're speculative at best and since the climategate scandal are most likely rigged anyway.

So if you consider that "solid evidence" good for you mate. But I suspect this has less to do with any evidence or science than it does your personal and intrinsic proclivity towards Malthusianism, no doubt programmed into you by the British.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
                  I'll allow this sort of scientific talk, but the minute you people say its "man made", I'll kick your asses straight to the moon.
                  the **** u talkin bout? panda never said it was manmade

vulcanic activity alone contributes to almost 25% of global temperatures rising

co2 is a contributor, its mostly a chemical combination of otherwise mostly harmless gasses

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    the **** u talkin bout? panda never said it was manmade

vulcanic activity alone contributes to almost 25% of global temperatures rising

co2 is a contributor, its mostly a chemical combination of otherwise mostly harmless gasses
                    Exactly right panda.

I got no problem with you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      *******. Can not drive in the snow?
                      Snow is very uncommon here. They ran out of grit so all the roads were covered in solid ice.

Comment

Working...
                      X