Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you survive a plane crash? Is it possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who survived a plane crash.

Comment

just do the money may shoulder roll worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
        Is it possible or are you ****ed and just hope you have a great pilot if the two engines go out!
        There are so many variables to that question that it's hard to answer, the impact and the angle could help determine if people survive or not.Ok in general, If we're flying over the continental US and both engines go out (very rare scenario) jet aircraft have what's called a APU or auxiliary power unit which keeps all the electronics of the aircraft running in case of engine failures. From 38,000 feet it's likely to find and glide to a airport in case of an emergency. When it comes to crashing, if you fly straight into a mountain at 500+ miles an hour, you know the odds of surviving that one. If you're flying into the sea, the odds are a lot better but sea conditions also play a big factor in how successful your crash landing can be... There are to many variables, give me a scenario and I'll get back to ya.. Obviously I can't predict how many people survive a certain crash, but you could sort of figure the odds out.

Comment

Originally posted by Driver View Post
          There are so many variables to that question that it's hard to answer, the impact and the angle could help determine if people survive or not.Ok in general, If we're flying over the continental US and both engines go out (very rare scenario) jet aircraft have what's called a APU or auxiliary power unit which keeps all the electronics of the aircraft running in case of engine failures. From 38,000 feet it's likely to find and glide to a airport in case of an emergency. When it comes to crashing, if you fly straight into a mountain at 500+ miles an hour, you know the odds of surviving that one. If you're flying into the sea, the odds are a lot better but sea conditions also play a big factor in how successful your crash landing can be... There are to many variables, give me a scenario and I'll get back to ya.. Obviously I can't predict how many people survive a certain crash, but you could sort of figure the odds out.
          And I'm going onto a plane in a few hours!!! We must leave for the airpot at 3 am. I been on a plane before, but its always hard for me not to think if something goes wrong were all ****ed onboard unless we have a great pilot!! And I heard John Travolta has more flying hours then most pilots!!!

Comment

And I'm going onto a plane in a few hours!!! We must leave for the airpot at 3 am. I been on a plane before, but its always hard for me not to think if something goes wrong were all ****ed onboard unless we have a great pilot!! And I heard John Travolta has more flying hours then most pilots!!!
            You run a bigger risk getting your butt to the airport than actually flying... relax dude..

Comment

Yeah Johny T has quite a few hours.. and a few planes too. Usually he has a crew to fly his 727 though... Pilots usually don't fly if something isn't right, even if under pressure from management. I've called off a few flights when I thought something was unsafe. You'll be alright!

Comment

If someone pumped enough money into a project i'm pretty sure someone could come up with something that can make plane with no control land safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
                  If someone pumped enough money into a project i'm pretty sure someone could come up with something that can make plane with no control land safely.
                  If it gets struck by lightning and it isn't properly grounded, the control surfaces run the risk of getting welded in place.. Even properly grounded aircraft could run the risk.. and it's not very likely getting out of that alive

Comment

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-a-Plane-Crash

Comment

ask anybody from the show Lost....

Comment

Working...
                      X