No announcement yet.

Burj Dubai Workers' Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burj Dubai Workers' Pay

I've just been reading about what some of the workers' were getting paid to build this thing [the tallest building in the world]. Apparently skilled workers were getting just over £4.00 per day, with labourers getting under £3.00 per day. It's no real surprise when you read stuff like this, as well all know about exploitation in sweatshops etc. These buildings may look magnificent, but to be built in such a manner is a disgrace.

Comment

I thought Dubai was broke. No wonder they aren't paying their workers anything.

Comment

im here in dubai..most of the buildings here are not in used most buildings ...in the financial district are in halt(try riding the metro and u will see)...

Comment

Originally posted by xzworks View Post
          im here in dubai..most of the buildings here are not in used most buildings ...in the financial district are in halt(try riding the metro and u will see)...
          So it was basically just an excuse to build the tallest building then, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750
            Nah, Dubai's economy is thriving. It's the cool place to be at the moment for sports stars and other wealthy people. Huge development going on. I think they even built some islands there.
            Try again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-1827597.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hank$Moody View Post
              Oh, right, they've went the same way as the rest of us then. It was still no excuse to pay workers those appalling wages at the time it was being built though. Nice lesson to be learnt here: greed doesn't always pay off.

Comment

Dubai is becoming a ghosttown

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                  Oh, right, they've went the same way as the rest of us then. It was still no excuse to pay workers those appalling wages at the time it was being built though. Nice lesson to be learnt here: greed doesn't always pay off.
                  Yeah I'm sure all those workers hated being employed.

Comment

LMAO! You guys need some schooling bad! Please explain to me how Dubai is poor???

Comment

Working...
                    X