Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Jesus was proven to be black, would Christianity still have 2 billion followers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already proven i'm not black. I have posted pictures of me everywhere around here, dammit. Just because I am a fan of a couple of black fighters it doesn't mean i'm black.

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~*
      Jesus isn't white, and I really don't believe most christians think he is...besides from backwoods hicks that claim to be christians
      And you know this because you lived 2000 years ago and personally met him?

Comment

Jesus was not white. I grew up attending Catholic mass every week followed by Sunday School and I can tell you, Jesus was dipicted as having white features. Noone today actually thinks he was white, but the art from that time period does portray a white Jesus. Its only natural that Jesus would be embodied as a white man because thats what these people knew, thats what they identified with. You can't call them ignorant for their failed attempt to embody a being that lived 1500 years before them. As far as the blond hair / blue eye reference I can only think of a famous movie from back in the 70's that fits this discreption. Jesus always had brown hair / brown eyes in every Catholic depiction of Jesus I have seen. Of course today we know Jesus was more middle eastern looking, I dont believe theres a lot of debate up about this. Jesus was from the Palestine area, and I can also tell you that people from this area are generally lighter skin looking. I know because I am of Lebanese decent and I look pretty Greek or Italian looking. This is probably the reason the Italian artist depicted Jesus as lighter skin, because their are A LOT of lighter skin palestinians.

Comment

no I have a time machine....

I also know that Jewish men in Israel tend to have tanned skin..so they aren't "white"
          Your "matter of fact" statements are laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            Jesus was not white. I grew up attending Catholic mass every week followed by Sunday School and I can tell you, Jesus was dipicted as having white features. Noone today actually thinks he was white, but the art from that time period does portray a white Jesus. Its only natural that Jesus would be embodied as a white man because thats what these people knew, thats what they identified with. You can't call them ignorant for their failed attempt to embody a being that lived 1500 years before them. As far as the blond hair / blue eye reference I can only think of a famous movie from back in the 70's that fits this discreption. Jesus always had brown hair / brown eyes in every Catholic depiction of Jesus I have seen. Of course today we know Jesus was more middle eastern looking, I dont believe theres a lot of debate up about this. Jesus was from the Palestine area, and I can also tell you that people from this area are generally lighter skin looking. I know because I am of Lebanese decent and I look pretty Greek or Italian looking. This is probably the reason the Italian artist depicted Jesus as lighter skin, because their are A LOT of lighter skin palestinians.
            Define "white", is white only blond hair and blue eyes now?

Because for all visual purposes, I am 100% European looking. I have green eyes, brown hair and can tan quite dark The only ancestors I have on my mothers side which might not be considered "white" were jewish yet most Jews look white to me anyway.

Comment

Fictional characters can be whatever they want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                Fictional characters can be whatever they want to be.
                Precisely.

Comment

funny when others have said the same thing in this thread..yet you wanna reply to mine.. like the one just above yours

it wouldn't have matter if I'd said "he's white" or "he's not white" for you..lol
                  Aw someone is taking offense because perhaps you are regularly thought of as a naive bimbo? You get that a lot don't you?

Comment

so if you feel that way..why even care?
                    Because I can say whatever I want and feel whatever I want about anything I want.

Why do you care what I care about?

Comment

not white...sux they are gay though
                      All of them look southern European to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X