No announcement yet.

NBA Thread - For basketball fans of Boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Lebron is good, he has a bit to learn, but he can't do everything alone If he goes to a better team he could do big things. Cleveland isn't much of a city anyways.
    Cleveland is a great sports city. It's not New York though.

Originally posted by Joe Kapp View Post
    Some questions,

Will Lebust still be referred to as "King"? and what would be a valid reason for doing so?

Will we see the camera act next season?

Will the media scrutinize Leputas exit, or make excuses for it?

Will people finally see the light and realize he is not, and hasn't ever been on Kobes level?

Will they realize how much of a factor playing in the eastern conference has been to his success up to this point?

Will people admit all this talk of "making your teammates better" is just bull****?

Will we ever see kswizzy around these parts again?
    What did he average 35-10-8 or something? I don't think this is Lebron's fault. His supporting cast is not bad, but it's not good enough for him to make or win the finals. His coach is pretty average too. The better team won period. Michael had to work for it, Lebron will too.

I disagree with the bold. He makes his teammates better. Look who he plays with. Other than Mo Williams and Delonte West, his supporting cast is weak.

Comment

• LeBron should go with the Lakers if he wants a ring.

Comment

• Bron's stats mean nothing as they didn't win. Sure he had a great individual series but he dominated the ball.

They relegated Williams and West to basically spot up shooters in the 2nd half of those games.

That's not what helped Cleveland win 66 games. Mo needed the ball in his hands more and so did West.

It made Orlando's job way easier. They basically let him get his while the other were held in check and ball watched.

I still find it puzzling that James was second in DPOY voting. He didn't stop Turkoglu or Lewis. He was just runnig around leaving Rafer open.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Pietrus can certainly do a good job containing Kobe. Courtney Lee will be able to contribute more since Kobe isn't as big as Lebron. In fact I'm not worried about Kobe as much as I was Lebron. Not even close. I'll say it right now, Orlando will do a good job on Kobe.

I'm worried about Ariza covering Lewis. And I'm worried about L.A. going big with Gasol, Odom, and/or Bynum against Lewis and Turkoglu. Odom is athletic enough to match up with Orlando's forwards. I don't think they can handle Dwight at all, and Alston will have an easier time against their PG's than he did Cleveland's.

It's an interesting matchup. In Orlando's two victories against the Lakers Jameer was a big factor, so we'll see.
          I hope the Magic are. I think Pietrus and Lee can do a good job. But Kobe can attack the defense in more ways than LBJ. LeBron is either going to penetrate, pass, or shoot a 3.

Kobe has the ability to post which LBJ can't yet Kobe can still attack the basktet and strike from long range.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
            knicks are getting no one. maybe darius miles will sign a 10 day contract or something. hey maybe you can sign damon stoudamire!
            Go to hell u damn gorilla

We gettin LeBron so itz all good anyway...he's already rockin NY hats

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
              Go to hell u damn gorilla

We gettin LeBron so itz all good anyway...he's already rockin NY hats
              New York is a graveyard homie. Careera end there.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                New York is a graveyard homie. Careera end there.
                It'll be different in a few years, give us time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Radical View Post
                  LeBron should go with the Lakers if he wants a ring.
                  how the hell are the lakers gonna afford him? lol

that'd be a crazy lineup though.

bynum - c
                  gasol - pf
                  james - sf
                  ariza - sg
                  kobe - pg

that's a nba live lineup right there. lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                    how the hell are the lakers gonna afford him? lol

that'd be a crazy lineup though.

bynum - c
                    gasol - pf
                    james - sf
                    ariza - sg
                    kobe - pg

that's a nba live lineup right there. lmao
                    Won't happen wit Prima Donna #24 on the team...

LeBron would be much more comfortable in this jersey...

Comment

• Ratings up for Magic-Cavaliers series on TNT

(AP) -- Orlando's Eastern Conference championship-clinching victory over Cleveland drew more than 8.3 million viewers, capping a strong series for TNT.

The network averaged 8.6 million viewers for the six-game series, a 37 percent increase over its 2008 conference finals coverage. TNT showed the West finals last year, drawing about 6.3 million per game for the Lakers' victory over San Antonio.
                      http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009....ap/index.html

Damn, the media did a great job on hyping LeBron

Comment

Working...
                      X