No announcement yet.

Why can't Muslims have dogs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
    Yeah.............there's not really a good reason to be racist.
    There isn't a such thing as a good reason to be racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
      *That is one of the reasons that I look down at Asians. They actually eat dogs. That is savagery.

All 4 billion of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
        My family is part Turkish. When I visited the Middle East (not Turkey), they used dogs to hunt for sport. some greyhound-type dogs.

The Qur'an speaks of dogs and it says that owning dogs as pets are haram*. I, however, have a dog. He is in my profile pic.

*That is one of the reasons that I look down at Asians. They actually eat dogs. That is savagery.
        some parts of your computer are made in asia. throw them away

Comment

I got plenty of muslim friends or associates who got dogs. Especially pitbulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            I got plenty of muslim friends or associates who got dogs. Especially pitbulls.
            Kessler says he hates muslims.

Comment

lawl why all the hate. Not all asians eat dogs, your a idiot for believing so.
              Muslims eat camels
              French eat rabbits

Yet ur still calling them out? Ya, hypocrite at its best.

Comment

Can Muslims have Hamsters!

Comment

The majority of both Sunni and Shi'a Muslim jurists consider dogs to be ritually unclean, though jurists from the Sunni Maliki school disagree.[25] However, outside their ritual uncleanness, Islamic fatāwā, or rulings, enjoin that dogs be treated kindly or else be freed.[26]
                  Muslims generally cast dogs in a negative light because of their ritual impurity. The story of the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus in the Qur'an (and also role of the dog in early Christianity) is one of the striking exceptions.[27] Muhammad didn't like dogs according to Sunni tradition, and most practicing Muslims do not have dogs as pets.[14] It is said that angels do not enter a house which contains a dog. Though dogs are not allowed for pets, they are allowed to be kept if used for work, such as guarding your house or farm, or when used for hunting purposes.
                  According to a generally unaccepted Sunni tradition attributed to Muhammad, black dogs are evil, or even devils, in animal form. This report reflects the pre-Islamic Arab mythology and the vast majority of Ulema (Muslim jurists) viewed it to be falsely attributed to Muhammad.[25]
                  Another Sunni tradition attributed to Muhammad commands Muslims not trade or deal in dogs.[28] According to El Fadl, this shows the cultural biases against dogs as a source of moral danger.[25] However, the Hanafi scholars, the largest school of ritual law in Sunni Islam, allow all trading in dogs.
                  According to one story, Muhammad is said to have informed a prostitute who had seen a thirsty dog hanging about a well and given it water to drink. Allah forgave her because of that good deed.[14][29]
                  In a tradition found in the Sunni hadith book, al-Muwatta, Muhammad states that the company of dogs voids a portion of a Muslim’s good deeds.[30]
                  Dogs, outside the ritual legal discourse, were often portrayed in the literature as a symbol of highly esteemed virtues such as self-sacrifice and loyalty or on the other hand as an oppressive instrument in the hands of despotic and unjust rulers.[25]
                  The historian William Montgomery Watt states that Muhammad's kindness to animals was remarkable for the social context of his upbringing. He cites an instance of Muhammed posting sentries to ensure that a female dog with newborn puppies was not disturbed by his army traveling to Mecca in the year 630.[
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_animals
                  Last edited by alza1988; 10-31-2009, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Meh, sounds like if said dog isn't a lazy f.ucker, and serves a purpose, then it's all good to Muslims. Mine pro tect my house, and are my alarm in the morning to get up for work, when I am home. "Dude, you gonna feed us, or are we gonna have to take a giant **** to wake you up?" Call me a weak man, but I couldn't imagine a world without dogs. Mans best friend, and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      Can Muslims have Hamsters!
                      Since Muslims don't eat ppork...can they have pigs as pets?

Comment

Working...
                      X