No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
    This is the first time I've heard an athlete say that going #1 in the draft is "just for the fans". You know they take pride in going number 1 so he ain't fooling no one. You know both bigs want to go to LA. I'm wondering if both bigs are going to sham their workout for Minnesota. Lol. I wouldn't be suprised if that happens.
    I think Okafor wants LA more, but who knows, LA might try to see what trade value they can get out of clarkson and then go ahead and draft Russell. Then Okafor falls to the Knicks LOL. Bernie would be very happy if that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
      good for Lakers, Towns is a better fit alongside Randle
      jerry west like his protege mitch kupchak believes you draft best talent available.

you worry about position, team chemistry later.

that's why lakers 90's kept drafting guards when they were loaded at guard.

anthony peeler, nick van exel, eddie jones, kobe bryant, derek fisher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        jerry west like his protege mitch kupchak believes you draft best talent available.

you worry about position, team chemistry later.

that's why lakers 90's kept drafting guards when they were loaded at guard.

anthony peeler, nick van exel, eddie jones, kobe bryant, derek fisher.
        So you also think we should draft Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
          So you also think we should draft Russell
          who do you think is best player?

not best match. not best need. not best at position we need.

best talent available. that's who the lakers should get.

BOBBY KNIGHT: "DRAFT JORDAN."

STU INMAN (PORTLAND GM): "WE ALREADY HAVE DREXLER. WE NEED A CENTER."

BOBBY KNIGHT: "THEN DRAFT JORDAN AND PLAY HIM AT CENTER."

Comment

• So it looks like it's Kobe's last year. Pretty happy about it. He should have retired last season after he got injured. I'm just hoping he takes a step back and quit jacking up a lot of shots and let the young pups develope. I see him as big mentor this season.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the report of the Lakers saying that they are not locked in on a big in the draft? We all know it's bs but I think they are doing that so the bigs won't potentially screw up their workout for the T-Wolves. I think the Lakers really want Towns but they don't want Okafor to screw up his workout to fall to #2. It's a smart move on the Lakers part.

Comment

• I want the Lakers to save Russell from the team with a 4 or 5 year tanking plan

Comment

• Kobe's last year as a laker thank you for the memories

Comment

• Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                    Has anyone seen the report of the Lakers saying that they are not locked in on a big in the draft? We all know it's bs but I think they are doing that so the bigs won't potentially screw up their workout for the T-Wolves. I think the Lakers really want Towns but they don't want Okafor to screw up his workout to fall to #2. It's a smart move on the Lakers part.
                    but is it doe??????

Comment

• Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
                      but is it doe??????
                      They are good at the point guard position with Clarkson. When Kobe retires we can get a guard via free agency. I'm hoping we land Kawaii from San Antonio this offseason and when Kobe retires move Leonard to the guard position and in my dream scenario land KD and move him to the 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X