No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warp1432 View Post

Not even a Lakers fan and I'm crushed...what a disappointment.
    I know what you mean.

whether you're a Lakers/Kobe fan or not, you have to appreciate all the great memories Kobe has given us the past decade.

Even though I disliked Kobe the last couple of years, I was one of his biggest fans during the Lakers first 3-peat even got his #8 jersey. Sad to see his career end like this. Although those 2 big 3 pointers to get the lakers back in the game might also be a fitting way for him to go out. Everyone knows Lakers weren't gonna win the title anyway, this might just add to his already legendary career. bittersweet in a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by iann View Post
      Is Kobe done for this season? is it confirmed? damn!!!
      that asian lady doctor/trainer felt it.

kobe felt it.

his achilles is torn.

the only reason it's listed PROBABLE is it's not confirmed by mri. they just felt it by touch.

this probably is the end of kobe with lakers.

he might just retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        i just cant evn............could be the end of an era...
        i'm not sure about any injury clause as far as luxury tax goes in new cba.

but if kobe is gonna miss a year, lakers ARE gonna amnesty him.

better to pay him just his $30 mill rather than the $30 mill salary PLUS $30,45,60 mill in luxury taxes too.

Comment

• Lol at people saying his career is over.

And seriously. It never ceases to amaze me at all the cynical pyscho ass mother ****ers in this world. Just look at espns comment page. People literally celebrating and popping bottles because kobe got hurt. An asteroid needs to wipe the majority of this planet away. I will glaldy go for the cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            Lol at people saying his career is over.

And seriously. It never ceases to amaze me at all the cynical pyscho ass mother ****ers in this world. Just look at espns comment page. People literally celebrating and popping bottles because kobe got hurt. An asteroid needs to wipe the majority of this planet away. I will glaldy go for the cause.
            you must be new to the world of sports.

An achilles injury is not just any kind of injury. if not a career ender, it is surely a career changer and that's just for someone in their prime. Kobe is 34 years old. Its pretty safe to say that even if he doesn't choose to end his career, he definitely won't be even close to what he was before.

He will either a) come back and score 15pts a game for 82games/season or b) score 23+pts a game for 35 games a season. he is better off just retiring.

this isn't cynical. its just reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              you must be new to the world of sports.

An achilles injury is not just any kind of injury. if not a career ender, it is surely a career changer and that's just for someone in their prime. Kobe is 34 years old. Its pretty safe to say that even if he doesn't choose to end his career, he definitely won't be even close to what he was before.

He will either a) come back and score 15pts a game for 82games/season or b) score 23+pts a game for 35 games a season. he is better off just retiring.

this isn't cynical. its just reality.
              That's not what I was saying was cynical dumbass.

I was a division 1 athlete. my dad ruptured his Achilles. I'm fully aware of the sports worlds and what certain injuries entail. If you don't think a guy like Kobe can come back strong then you are seriously downplaying A) His amazing healing ability and mental fortitude, and B) modern medicine.

Comment

Lol at people saying his career is over.

it possibly could be.

not that he can't recover but would he want to come back?

recovery is usually a year.

that means not just this season but he'll be out next season.

kobe was already contemplating retiring next year.

lakers also might amnesty him, would he want to play for another team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  it possibly could be.

not that he can't recover but would he want to come back?

recovery is usually a year.

that means not just this season but he'll be out next season.

kobe was already contemplating retiring next year.

lakers also might amnesty him, would he want to play for another team?
                  You think a guy like Kobe would end his career on this.. Jesus, have you even watched him before.

Comment

That's not what I was saying was cynical dumbass.

I was a division 1 athlete. my dad ruptured his Achilles. I'm fully aware of the sports worlds and what certain injuries entail. If you don't think a guy like Kobe can come back strong then you are seriously downplaying A) His amazing healing ability and mental fortitude, and B) modern medicine.
                    achilles is definirely recoverable.

it's not like knee/ligament where it could end your career.

the worst thing with achilles is long rehab. kobe turns 35 in a few months. maybe he'll just retire.

Comment

You think a guy like Kobe would end his career on this.. Jesus, have you even watched him before.
                      He'll end his career by coming back home.

Comment

Working...
                      X