Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy ****, are you guys in for a roller coaster. be prepared for dwight shooting threes.

Comment

• D antoni will use 4 shooters around Dwight with the offense primarily involving Nash and Dwight on the Pick n Roll. Everybody else goes to their spots and the open man usually shoots the ball which is an open 3.

Now here's the problem.

1. They will have to trade Gasol unless he suddenly becomes a 3pt shooter which he is not.

2. Is Kobe willing to play 2nd stringer to Nash and Dwight. In order for the system to work Nash has to have the ball with Dwight on the pick.

3. Lakers are not a fast team.

Comment

• LOL, Pringles. Dwight better get healthy quick.

Comment

• Ummmm yay??

Comment

• Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
            D antoni will use 4 shooters around Dwight with the offense primarily involving Nash and Dwight on the Pick n Roll. Everybody else goes to their spots and the open man usually shoots the ball which is an open 3.

Now here's the problem.

1. They will have to trade Gasol unless he suddenly becomes a 3pt shooter which he is not.

2. Is Kobe willing to play 2nd stringer to Nash and Dwight. In order for the system to work Nash has to have the ball with Dwight on the pick.

3. Lakers are not a fast team.
            They are also an old team.

They are also an injured team (Kobe, Nash, Howard)

Kobe is not playing second fiddle to anyone. But Im sure they discussed this move with him. The fact is that this isnt the Phoenix Suns teams from Nash's heyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
              They are also an old team.

They are also an injured team (Kobe, Nash, Howard)

Kobe is not playing second fiddle to anyone. But Im sure they discussed this move with him. The fact is that this isnt the Phoenix Suns teams from Nash's heyday.
              Then it won't work. Unless Kobe swallows his pride and tows the line then it's doomed to failure.

They key to that system is to make offense flow around Dwight.

Even Phil's Triangle in Shaq's era involved 4 3pt shooters.

Comment

• I wake up to Mike "no D"Antoni?!

This has Jim Buss written all over it.

****!!! Whatever, man. I'm done with this drama. Let's get on with this season.

Comment

• I still like the idea of Nash doing what he does best...it was early, but he looked awful in the princeton and it probably wouldve been the same in the triangle.

Comment

• I wanna go to a game so I can start the "That's not Phil" chant.

Comment

• This team is going to be wore the hell out by the time the playoffs roll around.

Comment

Working...
                      X