**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
      yeah but pau can get be poked and prodded by kobe.

all kobe has to do is diss him publicly. pau always responds.

people talk crap about pau but pau brought it last night.

he didn't shoot well but he brought it last night.

pau , metta and kobe.

they were the ones the brought it.

ramon , i'll excuse because it's his 1st playoffs.

drew , again , didn't have his way so he pouted and didn't do crap the rest of the game.

if i was the lakers , trade bynum for picks and young pieces.

then surround pau and kobe with nothing but youngsters.

young forwards and young guards.

pau and kobe sets the pace. the youngsters run up and down and do all the dirty work.
      But with Beasley possibly opting out of contract. We could pick him up.

Then just trade Bynum for an athletic 3, who is also fiesty on defense, and pretty young. While getting some filler, preferably depth to Gasol. So he doesn't have to play 40 mins physically at the 5.

I only mention Ariza a lot because I know the Hornets have that depth at center we could use(kaman/okafor), and Ariza is fiesty on D but can present an offensive threat at the same time.

Then just get rid of Artest. With Ariza + Beasley, it more than makes up for what he gives us on defense. While adding consistent shot makers to the team. Right? Both young too (26 and 23).

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Kobe was 18-33 with 42 points.

Wtf are you talking about?
        He did everything but it's tough alone. One of Kobe's best games these playoffs.

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        blow it up...keep kobe, everyone else can go
        I was wondering if you guys think they should have done this at the end of last season(2011)?

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          He did everything but it's tough alone. One of Kobe's best games these playoffs.

I was wondering if you guys think they should have done this at the end of last season(2011)?
          people gonna look at his line and say yeah but he had no assists.....WTF!! nobody was doin jack sh3t!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post

they did...then Stern said no

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
              people gonna look at his line and say yeah but he had no assists.....WTF!! nobody was doin jack sh3t!!!!!!!
              Like I said I thought Kobie did great. Gasol did better but too little too late from him.

Lakers are still in a position to rebuild. Artest is a small contract that can be easily moved. With Bynum they need to be sure they get an equal value in trade and Gasol is the same.

Who would you guys trade and keep?
              Last edited by TBear; 05-22-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                they did...then Stern said no
                but we probably dodged a bullet with that one too.

Paul can't even stay healthy with the tenants.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  but we probably dodged a bullet with that one too.

Paul can't even stay healthy with the tenants.

who knows...different system, different personnel...

plus im sure there would have been other moves to patch that one up...had Stern not gotten punked by the owners, this could have been a totally different looking lineup

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    who knows...different system, different personnel...

plus im sure there would have been other moves to patch that one up...had Stern not gotten punked by the owners, this could have been a totally different looking lineup
                    but you have to remember, Mike Brown likes to run starters into the ground.

Paul would be playing all the minutes, every game, until his lower body falls apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
                      watching him with the clippers.....

chris paul is damaged goods , mak.

a couple years from now , we might be thanking david stern for vetoing that trade tbh.

with his knee...... he'll probably be one of those players that are great at the beginning of each season , while rested. then as the season goes on the injury gets worse and as a consequence he develops other injuries because of it.

you get a player who is great at the start , then worn down and not so good at the end.

perhaps...still doesn't help us that it mindfocked LO to the point of him getting traded for nothing and Pau who doesnt seem like he's mentally recovered

so in possibly avoiding a PG that might have broken down, we still had a hole at the 1...one less 7 footer and pu55y who doesnt have his head on straight

Comment

Working...
                      X