Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glock View Post
    it'll be the spurs.

i feel it.

we're gonna put them out of their misery.

the end of the spurs franchise happens this year.

we can help put them in 8 on wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      we can help put them in 8 on wednesday
      they should have saved some of that 147 for us.

stupid old farts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glock View Post
        it'll be the spurs.

i feel it.

we're gonna put them out of their misery.

the end of the spurs franchise happens this year.
        It be sweet if it was ill tell you that much.....I fuken hate the spurs........it be nice to be the ones to put the nail in their coffin.....

Comment

• Can we win without Phil "The Zen Masta?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5022463

Owner dispels family tension notionEmail Print Comments 28Shareretweet12ESPNLosAngeles.com

THE BUSS TOUR
          Jerry Buss bought the Lakers in 1979 from Jack Kent Cooke. In the three decades since, the Lakers have become synonymous with Los Angeles.

Q&A with Jerry Buss
          The Lakers owner riffs on the Lakers, poker and his legacy. The answers »

A long relationship
          Steve Springer puts in words his relationship covering Buss. The icon »

Video
          One man's impact on Los Angeles and the sport of basketball.
          The owner, 30+ years of success
          Byron Scott reflecting on the boss

In pictures
          Under Buss' ownership, the Lakers have hung nine banners. The gallery »

In his words
          Buss on his love for USC football
          Buss on traveling with USC football
          Buss on his Los Angeles legacy
          Buss on Phil Jackson contract

Kobe Bryant is expected to sign an extension and the rest of the Los Angeles Lakers core players are signed into the future. Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson, however, is not under contract next season.

In a wide-ranging interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com, enigmatic Lakers owner Jerry Buss delivered some thoughts on the process and addressed recent reports of family tension regarding the re-signing of Jackson for next season.

"If I were to go to him right now and said, 'Phil, will you coach next year?' He would say let's wait until the end of the year and see how I feel," said Buss. "So, I don't think it causes any tension, I just have to wait until then before a discussion begins [on a new contract]."

Both the coach and owner in recent years have re-evaluated Jackson's contract after the season once the coach's three-year contract expired in 2008. Jackson traditionally takes time away from Los Angeles after the playoffs and assesses his health at his Montana ranch. He is 64.

Buss added: "I think from [the Lakers'] perspective we really want to get through the year, then take a deep breath and see where we are."

Jackson, in his 19th season as a coach, has won four NBA championships with the Lakers, including a title last June beating the Orlando Magic in five games. He is in his 10th season with the Lakers, one more than he spent as coach of the Chicago Bulls.

Comment

• STICK IT TO THE SPURS I ALWAYS SAY!!!!!!!!

Hahahhahahha

nah but seriously.......if Ron Ron plays D like that throughout the playoffs.......im calling it over........just hand us the trophy...........no lie!!!!

Comment

• Lakers locked up KB24 for another three years!!!

how smart was it that Gasol and Artest contracts are all up at the same time though??? well mabye Artest but Gasol???

well at least we got three more years guaranteed........nice!

Comment

• !@Q)$^&$@ !^_)&!@$%*

Comment

• !@Q)$^&$@ !^_)&!@$%3

Dude I know there games don't mean **** and all........but am I the only one getting just a tad worried we are playing like **** right before the playoffs???

Comment

• The Oklahoma City Thunder it is......Durant is a beast....believe it or not Im a bit antsy going into this first round....we SHOULD be able to handle them...but we gotta come together....otherwise this could get reeeeeal embarrassing reeeeeal fast.....

Comment

• man we just lost hca to orlando if they make it to the finals. the way were playing right now it looks like were gonna have a little trouble with whoever were playing in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                      X