No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• That guy disgusts me. He not only screwed the Lakers but also the Rockets and Hornets. Specially the Hornets. Back to being nobodies for them next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

That guy disgusts me. He not only screwed the Lakers but also the Rockets and Hornets. Specially the Hornets. Back to being nobodies for them next season.
        To be fair they are basically nobodies now.

Initially I thought Stern had screwed the Hornets the most with this move, but now its definitely the Lakers. The Hornets should still get a reasonable deal for Paul. Say they end up getting Aminu, Bledsoe, Kaman and that premium first round pick, that is a pretty good deal. LA on the other hand are a bit screwed. They have pissed off Odom and he has left, removing a major trade asset. Not really sure where LA goes from here.

To be honest I think Houston should be pleased the deal was vetoed. I felt it was awful for them. They would have been the big losers from that deal in my view.

Comment

That guy disgusts me. He not only screwed the Lakers but also the Rockets and Hornets. Specially the Hornets. Back to being nobodies for them next season.

they have like 6 players under contract...this season is gonna be a disaster for them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
            To be fair they are basically nobodies now.

Initially I thought Stern had screwed the Hornets the most with this move, but now its definitely the Lakers. The Hornets should still get a reasonable deal for Paul. Say they end up getting Aminu, Bledsoe, Kaman and that premium first round pick, that is a pretty good deal. LA on the other hand are a bit screwed. They have pissed off Odom and he has left, removing a major trade asset. Not really sure where LA goes from here.

To be honest I think Houston should be pleased the deal was vetoed. I felt it was awful for them. They would have been the big losers from that deal in my view.

But those guys aren't as good as having Scola, Dragic, and Odom. Plus a draft pick.

Houston look like they got the short stick but they supposedly were trying to lure Nene or another big man with Pau. So they were trying to get bigger? They did lose Ming even though he was forever hurt.

LA is fine as far as players go. The fans seem more distressed than the players. Odom is gone but Pau is taking it professionally. Add a better PG and things could still be solid.

CP3 to the Clips isn't so much about who to offer. It's more based on if CP3 will stay for at least 2 season. Which no one but CP3 knows if he will do or not. Which is why the Clips don't want to pull the trigger by adding Gordon.

Comment

But those guys aren't as good as having Scola, Dragic, and Odom. Plus a draft pick.

Houston look like they got the short stick but they supposedly were trying to lure Nene or another big man with Pau. So they were trying to get bigger? They did lose Ming even though he was forever hurt.

LA is fine as far as players go. The fans seem more distressed than the players. Odom is gone but Pau is taking it professionally. Add a better PG and things could still be solid.

CP3 to the Clips isn't so much about who to offer. It's more based on if CP3 will stay for at least 2 season. Which no one but CP3 knows if he will do or not. Which is why the Clips don't want to pull the trigger by adding Gordon.
              Its close. In terms of rebuilding the Clippers offer looks pretty good, particularly if it was to include that prized TWolves pick in what is going to be an absolutely stacked draft.

Sure, Houston would have got Pau. Lets say they add Nene. They were giving away scola, martin and dragic. Who is going to play the other three positions? Lowry? Who else. I can't see how Houston wouldn't have come out of that trade poorly.

From what I have read Paul has basically said he will commit to the next 2 seasons at the Clippers, but not beyond. The Clippers don't want to put both their TWolves pick and Gordon in an offer, which is fair enough.

Comment

• Ah, I see then. I didn't see that report. I just saw the report of Clippers not being sure if Paul will stay the 2 seasons. But doesn't he have to do something in his contract for that? So he can't suddenly decide to opt out?

The whole turn of events make me smh. At this point, just picking up a better PG would make me happy. Dwight situation, I don't even want to look at.

Paul to the Clips.... Gordon, dunkman, and Paul with Chauncey and Mo off the bench...

Comment

• Lol! Wtf is going on in that front office?

Despite the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers could not acquire Chris Paul due to the David Stern’s veto, the team is reportedly back in the hunt for the all-star point guard. According to sources, the Lakers have reemerged as a destination for Paul, and the front-office hopes it can present a better offer to the league office.

The Lakers tried to include the Houston Rockets in their previous push for Chris Paul, but David Stern did not find the players ‘good’ enough. Stern insisted that the Lakers and Rockets add in younger players into the deal, and he didn’t believe Kevin Martin or Goran Dragic could help the team.

The Lakers could look for help from the Minnesota Timberwolves or Golden State Warriors, two teams that have young, talented players. The Lakers already spoke to the Warriors about a trade centering around Pau Gasol, so perhaps the three-team deal could include the franchise from the Bay Area.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      Lol! Wtf is going on in that front office?
                      and this is going to entice howard?

Comment

Working...
                      X