No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    You're gonna love and hate Green lol, I followed him his whole career and he goes from beloved to hated every single year. At times he'll look like the DPOY with elite defense but when that shot ain't falling he's worth benching. His body always wears down as the year goes on.
    I know but he's still better than all of Bron's teammates last year and that was good enough for 4th in West before Lakers got the injury bug.

On paper they're looking like the favorites imo.

Comment

• Lakers depth chart

C Mcgee, Cousins
      PF AD, Kuz
      SF LBJ, Dudley
      SG Green, KCP
      PG Rondo, Caruso

It's a wrap bois.
      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-06-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• What bappened to the Grizzlies buying out Igggy?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
          I know but he's still better than all of Bron's teammates last year and that was good enough for 4th in West before Lakers got the injury bug.

On paper they're looking like the favorites imo.
          Lakers were tied for the 4th and 2-3 games out of 9th, in total they were probably in the playoffs for a fraction of the time Memphis was in it.

Danny Green has averaged 30.6% from 3 the past 3 years in the playoffs, when his shot isn't falling he's basically Lonzo Ball without the ball handling, very frustrating player. I think he shot 32%, 34%, 25% the past 3 years. Out of the past 5 years his best outing was 50% (4 years ago) and the year before that it was 30%. He can't dribble, not athletic, not a playmaker, etc. He's almost useless. Money in the RS though

Comment

Lakers depth chart

C Mcgee, Cousins
            PF AD, Kuz
            SF LBJ, Dudley
            SG Green, KCP
            PG Rondo, Caruso

It's a wrap bois.
            How is it gonna work with The Bird though?

Been looking up Vogel's approach to the game. I could easily see Lebron doing what George used to and can see AD and Mcgee killing anything entering the paint.

But not so sure about that offense. Everything I've saw about him says his offense is a little dated.

Comment

• [/ironic]
              Last edited by USMCer; 07-06-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Lakers were tied for the 4th and 2-3 games out of 9th, in total they were probably in the playoffs for a fraction of the time Memphis was in it.

Danny Green has averaged 30.6% from 3 the past 3 years in the playoffs, when his shot isn't falling he's basically Lonzo Ball without the ball handling, very frustrating player. I think he shot 32%, 34%, 25% the past 3 years. Out of the past 5 years his best outing was 50% (4 years ago) and the year before that it was 30%. He can't dribble, not athletic, not a playmaker, etc. He's almost useless. Money in the RS though
                lmaooo you nitpicked tf out of Lakers roster for no reason because they're gonna win the title anyway.

Danny Green doesn't need to dribble. He's there to play defense and take open shots. Lebron and AD will be doing the dribbling. Draymond and Iguadala can't shoot but they got 3 titles. It's easy to nitpick any team in the league.

And Lakers were 2 games from 1st place and were the best defensive team in the league in November and December. And they were the only team that beat every #1 seed in the west up to that point. But then Lebron and 4 other guys got injured and they lost their chemistry.

You can over-analyse any roster but if you compare them to the rest of the league who has a better roster right now? Nobody.
                Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                How is it gonna work with The Bird though?

Been looking up Vogel's approach to the game. I could easily see Lebron doing what George used to and can see AD and Mcgee killing anything entering the paint.

But not so sure about that offense. Everything I've saw about him says his offense is a little dated.
                Vogel won't be running the offense, Lebron will. Lebron has been dissecting elite teams with trash teammates, trust me he'll figure out a way to run this team efficiently. Vogel is Lebron's assistant.
                Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-07-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

lmaooo you nitpicked tf out of Lakers roster for no reason because they're gonna win the title anyway.

Danny Green doesn't need to dribble. He's there to play defense and take open shots. Lebron and AD will be doing the dribbling. Draymond and Iguadala can't shoot but they got 3 titles. It's easy to nitpick any team in the league.

And Lakers were 2 games from 1st place and were the best defensive team in the league in November and December. And they were the only team that beat every #1 seed in the west up to that point. But then Lebron and 4 other guys got injured and they lost their chemistry

I "nitpicked" because LAL is going to HAVE to run certain lineups against LAC to match their small ball lineups.

Kawhi-PG are interchangeable at small ball 4 and point forward. That immediately renders your 2 big lineups completely ineffective. AD-Kuzma-Bron cannot be on the floor at the same time let alone AD-McGee or AD-Cousins. The Lakers biggest strength becomes their biggest weaknes vs the Clips.

You're gonna HAVE to run something like AD-Lebron-Green-KCP-Rondo to counter, you must have 2 wing defenders for PG and Kawhi.

Green takes wide open shots and misses them, I seen it his entire career, Lebron and AD can't change that. And Iggy-Green can pass, Green can't. Their shooting was also mitigated by having 3 of the best shooters in the game, yall dont have that, you got a bunch of mediocre shooters.

Memphis was in the playoffs longer than LA, it's not unusual for teams to start off hot then rapidly fade, that's a pattern that repeats itself every year.

Comment

I "nitpicked" because LAL is going to HAVE to run certain lineups against LAC to match their small ball lineups.

Kawhi-PG are interchangeable at small ball 4 and point forward. That immediately renders your 2 big lineups completely ineffective. AD-Kuzma-Bron cannot be on the floor at the same time let alone AD-McGee or AD-Cousins. The Lakers biggest strength becomes their biggest weaknes vs the Clips.

You're gonna HAVE to run something like AD-Lebron-Green-KCP-Rondo to counter, you must have 2 wing defenders for PG and Kawhi.

Green takes wide open shots and misses them, I seen it his entire career, Lebron and AD can't change that. And Iggy-Green can pass, Green can't. Their shooting was also mitigated by having 3 of the best shooters in the game, yall dont have that, you got a bunch of mediocre shooters.

Memphis was in the playoffs longer than LA, it's not unusual for teams to start off hot then rapidly fade, that's a pattern that repeats itself every year.
                    lmao you're just saying random things not even stating facts. Literally everything you said is false.

Troy Daniels is one of the best shooters in the league. He's been running Curry/Reddick like catch-n-shoot plays his whole career. Dudley is one of the best shooting 3's in the league.

Lakers can play big ball and small ball and dominate at both. You actually said AD can't play PF if Kawhi or PG are playing the 4 lmaooooo. Have you never seen AD's postup before? He would eat them alive. And thats if they chose to play that way. They can even have the best small ball lineup with AD-Bron-Dudley-Troy-Caruso. How you going to defend that spacing?

Lakers have the players to play any style. Clippers don't have enough depth to handle them.

Comment

lmao you're just saying random things not even stating facts. Literally everything you said is false.

Troy Daniels is one of the best shooters in the league. He's been running Curry/Reddick like catch-n-shoot plays his whole career. Dudley is one of the best shooting 3's in the league.

Lakers can play big ball and small ball and dominate at both. You actually said AD can't play PF if Kawhi or PG are playing the 4 lmaooooo. Have you never seen AD's postup before? He would eat them alive. And thats if they chose to play that way. They can even have the best small ball lineup with AD-Bron-Dudley-Troy-Caruso. How you going to defend that spacing?

Lakers have the players to play any style. Clippers don't have enough depth to handle them.
                      Do you realize Kawhi-PG-Harrell-Williams can EASILY average around 100ppg between them? AD has to guard Harrell who averaged 18ppg vs Draymond Green. Lebron can't guard Kawhi lol, Troy Daniels is one of the worst defenders in the league and Dudley shot 22% from last playoffs. AD+LBJ gonna have to at least average 40ppg EACH to even have a chance at matching that, Troy Daniels & Dudley with their 4ppg ain't gonna match that lol.

Kawhi-PG-Beverly are all NBA defenders, and Kawhi is the #1 Lebron defender. Lebron was one of the worst defenders in the league last year, Kawhi was dropping 35ppg on 54% vs Simmons-Butler-Harris, Troy Daniels and Dudley ain't gonna stop him AND PG lol.

Landry Shamet set the NBA record for most 3's by a rookie last year. Mo Harkless was POR's #1 defender last year and now he's like the 4th on this team. Lou Williams was the 6th man last year, etc. They also have Wilson Chandler, Mcgruder and Zubac who has greatly improved. They're way more loaded than LA. Your 3rd leading scorer Kuzma averaged the same as LAC's 4th, Harrell, and he shot 16% higher than Kuz.
                      Last edited by Cutthroat; 07-07-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X