• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron interested in interviewing with Sacramento and Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
      Byron Scott
      Time will tell. We'll see.
      I liked byron scott but he wasn't having success and he needed to go. Like in everything new blood needed to come in. Having the new young somewhat sought after commodity might help persuade a few free agents that LA is a serious place again.
      It also doesn't hurt he was a member of the most recent successful Laker team, and understands the culture.
      Last edited by JJRod; 05-02-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Byron interested in interviewing with Sacramento and Houston

Boogie + Byron = must see TV

Comment

• I don't think they wanted to go with the recycled old school coaches who's names seem to pop up every time their's a coaching vacancy.

They tried that with Rudy, Brown, Antoni, Byron.

They all seem to come in, try to impose their system despite the personnel and it just doesn't work.

Messina from what I hear is an excellent X's and O's coach but I don't think his strict disciplinarian style would've been well received by these youngins.

I think Luke will try to customize his system to fit the talent he has and we all know Luke's personality meshes well with everyone. How do you not like Luke?

Dude sucked as a player but we still chanted his name!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            Boogie + Byron = must see TV
            People tellin' me Byron will never work as a coach again.

I say, as long as there are teams that need to tank, Byron will have a job.

Comment

I don't think they wanted to go with the recycled old school coaches who's names seem to pop up every time their's a coaching vacancy.

They tried that with Rudy, Brown, Antoni, Byron.

They all seem to come in, try to impose their system despite the personnel and it just doesn't work.

Messina from what I hear is an excellent X's and O's coach but I don't think his strict disciplinarian style would've been well received by these youngins.

I think Luke will try to customize his system to fit the talent he has and we all know Luke's personality meshes well with everyone. How do you not like Luke?

Dude sucked as a player but we still chanted his name!

it's usually the physically limited brainiacs that make good coaches

Luke is our first big free agent signing...i hope we get that draft pick and make some headway into free agency

build something that Luke can work with and allow him to grow a nucleus

good thing he's not gonna run a pure triangle...Randle would be ****ed

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                it's usually the physically limited brainiacs that make good coaches

Luke is our first big free agent signing...i hope we get that draft pick and make some headway into free agency

build something that Luke can work with and allow him to grow a nucleus

good thing he's not gonna run a pure triangle...Randle would be ****ed
                Randle with them alligator arms can't pass his way out of a paperbag.

But yeah, I was tellin' my homey who was pissed off about the Luke hiring: its usually the mediocre players who spend a lot of time on the bench who end up being the best coach.

Comment

Randle with them alligator arms can't pass his way out of a paperbag.

But yeah, I was tellin' my homey who was pissed off about the Luke hiring: its usually the mediocre players who spend a lot of time on the bench who end up being the best coach.

i was listening to Colin this morning and he was bashing the **** out of this move

so Gottlieb called in and Colin tryin to punk him:

"name me one coach who had no prior head coaching experience that was successful right away?"

Gotlieb: Steve Kerr

*silence*

Colin goes "well, that like the only time its happened"

Gotlieb: Popovich

Colin goes to commercial break

Comment

• If we get a top three pick Luke gonna have a top three to mold...that def be a good start.....

Comment

• "The first free agent the Lakers should go after is Kevin Durant." - Magic

Thanks Magic! What a brilliant idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X