No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    was listening to Mitch on Mason & Ireland right now while getting lunch...he said he might not play today and he's still got a long way to go
    we gotta sign him, pre.

he's like a 1st round pick. plus he's legit 7 ft.

give him 3 years/900 k a year. just lock him up.

even if he's on our summer league/D league, other nba teams can offer him a contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      we gotta sign him, pre.

he's like a 1st round pick. plus he's legit 7 ft.

give him 3 years/900 k a year. just lock him up.

even if he's on our summer league/D league, other nba teams can offer him a contract.

that's the other thing that worried me...Mitch was pretty non committal in talkin about signing him...kept stating that Upshaw is an unrestricted FA and that the D-league might be what's ahead of him

i want this kid signed before someone else does...he could be our Whiteside

Comment

• Is Russel's ceiling this guy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
          Is Russel's ceiling this guy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post

I'm being serious.

2nd pick of 15 Draft.

What are Laker fans expectations and projections ???

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
              I'm being serious.

2nd pick of 15 Draft.

What are Laker fans expectations and projections ???

c'mon Bernie...Nick was a 2nd round pick in the late 30s...Russell is the 2nd overall draft pick...my personal expectations is this kid has to at LEAST be a perennial all star..his ceiling is a franchise super star

Comment

• Randle in beast shape.....looked like Lebron against them kids....

Clarkson and Nance looking very athletic.

Truth is D'Angelo distributing and shooting threes is all we need from him, as long as he doesn't force it, he will develop easily with those athletic young guys taking the pressure off him...

Upshaw is a project for sure....but I dunno, I'm getting concerned because to me it looks like he has a weird back.....looks like kenny bayless

Guy has length and jump, but he doesn't look all that athletic overall...and him not being in basketball shape may be exposing him a lot more than if he was in shape...

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  he's not fat. or out of shape.

i'm sure he was working out.

just not in basketball shape.
                  How long does it take to get in basketball shape? Doubt it takes a week and a half which is how long summer league is.

They should sign him to non guaranteed contract and throw him in the d league. Let him get in basketball shape and he can get called up when he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    c'mon Bernie...Nick was a 2nd round pick in the late 30s...Russell is the 2nd overall draft pick...my personal expectations is this kid has to at LEAST be a perennial all star..his ceiling is a franchise super star

Yeah I know Nick was 36 - 37.

Not knock'n...Hell.....Russel's who I coveted as well but I just wanted some Purple and Gold opinions on his projected ceiling ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
                      Staying in shape when not in action is a sign of maturity and professionalism. Him not being in shape is already a strike no matter how much he says he's matured. Dude is so talented, beter make the most of it, stay away from the dispensaries big homie.....
                      To be fair, he stated in multiple interviews that he took a few months off from basketball to get his life together. He felt like he had to so he can overcome his personal demons. Taking that much time off will affect your overall game shape even if you are running a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X