Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion isn’t the problem its people, Communists were forced to be non religious and look how many people they killed. Many of the people involved in the Armenian Genocide were non religious, you can come up with things on both sides but in the end it’s the people them self’s that are the problem. So the answer is to kill everyone then there would be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
      Good post.

Squealpiggy doesn't realize it, but he believes in a kind of religion himself! All his views are 100% in line with it.

He justifies or denies all the cruel and despicable acts of one religion while propagandizing against all other people's religions. He feels the religion he likes approves of his ****sexuality, and others do not.

I think ALL religions are okay, but I don't like the kind of hatred and blind fanaticism of religious zealots like squealpiggy.
      Atheism is not a religion, religion is a belief in the cause, nature and purpose of the universe as created by a superhuman or supernatural being(s). Just thought I'd clear that up. There are no clearly defined beliefs, no scripture, no worship, no practices observed, etc. Atheism is simply a disbelief in supernatural agents or beings.

The rest of the post, that's between you and Squealpiggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
        Good post.

Squealpiggy doesn't realize it, but he believes in a kind of religion himself! All his views are 100% in line with it.

He justifies or denies all the cruel and despicable acts of one religion while propagandizing against all other people's religions. He feels the religion he likes approves of his ****sexuality, and others do not.

I think ALL religions are okay, but I don't like the kind of hatred and blind fanaticism of religious zealots like squealpiggy.
        Hey Tunney I agree with you.

Comment

piglet, you've lost your swagger.

Christians don't run ****. You think George W. Bush aka (Skull and Bonesman) is really a Christian or a conservative for that matter???
          Oh OK, George the evangelical born again mission from God Christian was not really a christian. He is a secret Malthus worshipping satanist as evidenced by some paranoid fuckbucket spewing forth garbage about the fucking Freemasons. Thanks for the insight, Fox Mulder.

Religion isn’t the problem its people, Communists were forced to be non religious and look how many people they killed.
          Soviet communism (which is what you are probably referring to) had a lot in common with religion in that the ideology was considered supreme above the needs of the constituents. Societ communism is not in line with rationalism which is how I arrive at my position.

So... do you think that beating widows for being "witches" is OK because Stalin was a ****-knocker?

Many of the people involved in the Armenian Genocide were non religious
          Many of the Sunni muslim Ottoman turks who participated in the Armenian Genocide were not religious?

Oh, alright.

Squealpiggy doesn't realize it, but he believes in a kind of religion himself!
          Which religion is that? Are you going to accuse me of Judaism again?

Comment

He's not really an athiest. He claims he doesn't believe in God as such, but he does worship a higher power.
            I do, do I? What power would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Many of the Sunni muslim Ottoman turks who participated in the Armenian Genocide were not religious?

Oh, alright.
              I was talking about Turkey not the Ottoman Empire, Atatürk created a secular state and also a single race state (although many are still religious), I watched a program on it last night on BBC 4 was very interesting the Greece Turkey war looked brutal.

Comment

Yep I hate s--t like that J-hads and s--t.It's evil man and a load of bulls--t.It's good being a catholic tho you can go to mass and start all over every week.Just joking lmfao at this clip.

Comment

In any case people use religion and non religion to there own good, after all the Nazis used Darwin’s theory’s as an excuse to kill disabled people. People from all different walks of life are as bad as each other.

Comment

religion is one of the broadest topic you could open and in which it would take a lifetime maybe more to even know all of them, much less to have a full understanding of even just one....

... and we did'nt even have to mention the holy bibble there, included in it are thousands of verses which everyone has it's own unique meaning, and behind the meaning of each you need to decipher the message being told...

... and what about the other books of every religions, each one having it's own interpretations and practices....

... now think about how many countries we have around the world..... each country would have multiple religions, each religions having multiple sects, and each sects would have different ways of interpreting and doing things, ....and so on and on and on.

so i thought, that question you have brought up would be something at the boundary of vagueness,.... i did'nt mean to starch your thread..... but it's something better asked for the scholars rather than to casual boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                      In any case people use religion and non religion to there own good, after all the Nazis used Darwin’s theory’s as an excuse to kill disabled people. People from all different walks of life are as bad as each other.
                      They did not use Darwin's theory... It's a falsehood which is perpetuated by theists (most notably Christians who were the core support of Nazi Germany and Hitler).

It was racial, the term used was "racial hygiene". It was about xenophobic promotion of one's race, not about Darwinism. Alfred Ploetz came up with the term, Rassenhygiene. He was a German eugenicist. He was adopted into Nazi Germany's "expert advisory committee for population and racial policy".

Hitler was actually quite Christian and used Christianity more than evolution or Darwin to promote his racial views. I have read Mein Kampf. He's quite clear that, "Whoever would dare to raise a profane hand against that highest image of God among His creatures would sin against the bountiful Creator of this marvel and would collaborate in the expulsion from Paradise".
                      Last edited by TheJoker; 10-21-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X