Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Boston police officer’s body was found two years ago in a snowy yard. Now his girlfriend goes on trial for murder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Boston police officer’s body was found two years ago in a snowy yard. Now his girlfriend goes on trial for murder

Her phone showed she googled “Ho(w) long to die in cold” a few hours after he disappeared. It doesn't imply that she is guilty, just wanted to have hope he could live until found. She found him also. If she wanted him to die why would she do that?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/us/ka...cec/index.html

Sounds like she hit dude with the car & wasn't sure if he was dead, but wanted a timeline on how long it'd take for him to die in the cold. Its fine looking that up online, but her deleting it is sketchy. Dent in the car is super sketchy. Sounds like they got his dna on the dent too or some such sh^t.

And the cold reality is if you are murdered its usually by someone you know & often by someone you even love.
    Butt stuff Butt stuff -MEGA- -MEGA- like this.

Comment

Can't an autopsy find out if he was hit by a vehicle or not? Not to mention the other that leads to her killing him.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
        Can't an autopsy find out if he was hit by a vehicle or not? Not to mention the other that leads to her killing him.
        Says he died from blunt force, his skull was fractured. His face was all fooked up so she mighta hit his face with the car somehow if she hit him. I'd assume the damage on his face would be linked somehow with the damage to the vehicle if thats what happened.

The opposing theory it sounds like is someone in the other cops house he was dropped off at beat him up & threw him out in the snow. Ppl in the house saying he never came there but if someone beat his ass I'm assuming there is some theory why a cop would murder another cop & perhaps some hand injuries to someone at the cop house party.

She gots a good story having tried to contact him numerous times after dropping him off + found him later & attempted to do cpr on him. She mighta just been drunk off her ass & it was all an accident she half ass didn't know she did in real time.

This might be an interesting trial to follow lol.

Comment

In case documents and in court, Read’s attorneys have said they believe one of the two female acquaintances, the homeowner’s sister-in-law, is part of a cover-up to protect the people inside the house and frame Read for the crime.

A forensic search of the woman’s phone revealed a Google search for the phrase, “Ho(w) long to die in cold” hours before O’Keefe was found, according to court documents.

With this fact alone, I think she walks.

Could just be an everyday search one does given the situation, but it would raise a lot of doubt in my mind.

Not to mention the FBI opened an investigation into one of the officers regarding their involvement in the case. That doesn't happen for no reason.
          Last edited by paulf; 04-17-2024, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Says he died from blunt force, his skull was fractured. His face was all fooked up so she mighta hit his face with the car somehow if she hit him. I'd assume the damage on his face would be linked somehow with the damage to the vehicle if thats what happened.

The opposing theory it sounds like is someone in the other cops house he was dropped off at beat him up & threw him out in the snow. Ppl in the house saying he never came there but if someone beat his ass I'm assuming there is some theory why a cop would murder another cop & perhaps some hand injuries to someone at the cop house party.

She gots a good story having tried to contact him numerous times after dropping him off + found him later & attempted to do cpr on him. She mighta just been drunk off her ass & it was all an accident she half ass didn't know she did in real time.

This might be an interesting trial to follow lol.
            I was thinking that there must be a noticeable difference between a blunt force trauma from a baseball bat or a crowbar (for example) and a vehicle. Didn't they immediately inspect the car?

What makes her a suspect sounds more solid than what stands in her defence. By saying it I don't mean it is some sort of unquestionably proof though.

Comment

He definitely deserved to die. **** that guy, hope she walks free.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                In case documents and in court, Read’s attorneys have said they believe one of the two female acquaintances, the homeowner’s sister-in-law, is part of a cover-up to protect the people inside the house and frame Read for the crime.

A forensic search of the woman’s phone revealed a Google search for the phrase, “Ho(w) long to die in cold” hours before O’Keefe was found, according to court documents.

With this fact alone, I think she walks.

Could just be an everyday search one does given the situation, but it would raise a lot of doubt in my mind.

Not to mention they opened an investigation into one of the officers regarding their involvement in the case. That doesn't happen for no reason.
                I'd like to hear more about why they think there is some conspiracy. Thats an interesting angle to this if its legit & not some hail mary defense for them.

To me the out in the cold thing is more a sign of guilt. I mean she dropped him off at a house party. Why wouldn't she assume hes in the house? Even if he's not answering the phone I'd more assume he didn't hear it than he was in a snow bank. Did she attempt to call friends of his at this party to make sure it was all good? Hell why was she even calling him numerous times at a party? Every dude ik hates that sh^t.

Obviously knowing more specifics on the damage to him & the car will likely prove a lot or put a lot of questions on why they took this leap if there is a lack of evidence tho.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

I was thinking that there must be a noticeable difference between a blunt force trauma from a baseball bat or a crowbar (for example) and a vehicle. Didn't they immediately inspect the car?
                  I didnt see anything that made it clear what the blunt force coulda been from but I assume you can tell if its a bat or SUV. But idk that for a fact.

Hell if there isn't clear evidence he was hit by a car or bat or whatever he mighta just been so drunk he slipped & fell on his face & died by accident. And no one did sh^t to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'd like to hear more about why they think there is some conspiracy. Thats an interesting angle to this if its legit & not some hail mary defense for them.

To me the out in the cold thing is more a sign of guilt. I mean she dropped him off at a house party. Why wouldn't she assume hes in the house? Even if he's not answering the phone I'd more assume he didn't hear it than he was in a snow bank. Did she attempt to call friends of his at this party to make sure it was all good? Hell why was she even calling him numerous times at a party? Every dude ik hates that sh^t.

Obviously knowing more specifics on the damage to him & the car will likely prove a lot or put a lot of questions on why they took this leap if there is a lack of evidence tho.
                    https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/us-new...ting-4-16/amp/

This is from the NY Post but has a lot of details about the defense's claims.

Looks like cop who owned the home ripped out the basement floor and sold the house right after the guy died. Sounds pretty suspect.

What especially bothers Read supporters were that O’Keefe’s injuries were above the neck and isolated to his right arm, and that the backs of his hands looked like boxer’s fractures — all seemingly inconsistent with a hit-and-run. He also had a two-inch gash at the back of his head, yet there was little to no blood at the crime scene.

Furthermore, they claim, marks on his arms were consistent with dog bites.Brian Albert and his wife ripped up their basement floor and sold their home, which had belonged to the Albert family for years, a few months after O’Keefe’s death, according to Read’s defense team. Their German shepherd Chloe, who reportedly had a history of biting people, was rehomed not long after.
                    Last edited by paulf; 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X