Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movies made you cry or close to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closest I got to getting emotional watching a movie was when I watched
    " The Passion of the Christ ".

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Dear Zachery is an amazing documentary but its awful to watch cuz of how frustrating & dark the story is. If this doc don't fook you up you are a psychopath lol.

Cliff notes for anyone who hasn't seen it. Its about a guy who wants to make a movie about his friend after hes murdered for his friends unborn son to watch one day to know about how great his dad was. Basic framework from there. The gf kills the guys friend over stupid insane sh^t. Pregnant with his kid. Has the kid. Grandparents try to get custody of their grandson from this murderer who still isn't locked up cuz of legal insanity. Grandparents win lil victory's here & there before eventually the gf kills herself & their grandson.
      I need to watch this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Enter The Void is like an assault on your emotions. Creative, original but hard to watch at times. If you're looking to test yourself I'd go with that.
        I took acid with a group of friends once and one of them had the brilliant idea of putting that movie on. It was utterly fascinating and visually beautiful to say the least but it was horrifying at times. It definitely packs a punch. I only watched it once and can't make it through a full spin again.

Jordache Pappy O’Daniel likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Dear Zachery is an amazing documentary but its awful to watch cuz of how frustrating & dark the story is. If this doc don't fook you up you are a psychopath lol.

Cliff notes for anyone who hasn't seen it. Its about a guy who wants to make a movie about his friend after hes murdered for his friends unborn son to watch one day to know about how great his dad was. Basic framework from there. The gf kills the guys friend over stupid insane sh^t. Pregnant with his kid. Has the kid. Grandparents try to get custody of their grandson from this murderer who still isn't locked up cuz of legal insanity. Grandparents win lil victory's here & there before eventually the gf kills herself & their grandson.
          Might be the saddest thing I've ever seen. I wish I hadn't watched it honestly. Great documentary but yeah.
          Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

It's goofy but **** me Sacrifice gets me. the 2010 Kung Fu flick ... ain't never watched the hollywood movie that comes up first. The action movie is on Tubi last I knew, for free.

Boer

Hamlet's pretty rough too, Lion King or Kenneth versions are both heart grabbers.

I don't cry because its a movie but I know if it was me my ass would have to hide and have a cry about it. Poor, poor, Boer.

Comment

95bc72ca-b2ed-4069-8186-6ccba5129ace_text.gif .....
              -MEGA- -MEGA- likes this.

Comment

The first time I cried during a movie was Simon Birch in 1998 or 1999 when I was around 11. I just felt bad for the little dude. If he could have stuck his little peener in that chick there would have been no tears to cry. He didn't though.

Since then the water works get set off arbitrarily by this or that. The Netflix documentary The Keepers did it. It is about a cold case but the storytelling is great. It broke me down for sure. That scene in Dragonball when Goku see's his grandpa Gohan again. I can't watch that again. Mufasa dying never affected me as a child but now as a grown man it makes me emotional as hell.

Now that I have a child and have experienced the loss of family and friends I feel the vulnerabilities of life far more deeply. As a young person I dismissed these feelings as weakness and didn't have the capacity to understand the implications of familial loss or other struggles.

There was a scene in Snowfall where a child dies in a shootout that really messed me up. That hit a little too close to home
                Jordache Pappy O’Daniel likes this.

Comment

The Boy In the Striped Pajamas (ending scenes)
                  Sofies Choice (that scene)
                  Gone Baby Gone
                  Mystic River

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                    I took acid with a group of friends once and one of them had the brilliant idea of putting that movie on. It was utterly fascinating and visually beautiful to say the least but it was horrifying at times. It definitely packs a punch. I only watched it once and can't make it through a full spin again.
                    I tried watching it on acid too, but I couldn't make it through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                      The first time I cried during a movie was Simon Birch in 1998 or 1999 when I was around 11. I just felt bad for the little dude. If he could have stuck his little peener in that chick there would have been no tears to cry. He didn't though.

Since then the water works get set off arbitrarily by this or that. The Netflix documentary The Keepers did it. It is about a cold case but the storytelling is great. It broke me down for sure. That scene in Dragonball when Goku see's his grandpa Gohan again. I can't watch that again. Mufasa dying never affected me as a child but now as a grown man it makes me emotional as hell.

Now that I have a child and have experienced the loss of family and friends I feel the vulnerabilities of life far more deeply. As a young person I dismissed these feelings as weakness and didn't have the capacity to understand the implications of familial loss or other struggles.

There was a scene in Snowfall where a child dies in a shootout that really messed me up. That hit a little too close to home
                      Man I forgot all about that movie! I was 11 when it came out too and we had it on VHS. I used to watch it all the time. Good ****. I'll have to add that to my imdb list to rewatch now.

Comment

Working...
                      X