No announcement yet.

Unbearable UK rap blasted at every event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbearable UK rap blasted at every event

Has anyone else noticed this? Beside the inevitable horrible UK rap which accompanies most British fighters' ring walks now. It's blasted in between rounds and at the end of fights. It started again last night after Smith's KO win over Zepeda.

The syncopation is nearly always the same. "Ooh-da-da, dee da, ooh dah, de dah". It's generic and has no aesthetic appeal.

I can appreciate some 90s US Hip Hop but most of what is classified as rap "music" now is just dreadful noise and feeds into some subculture where young men of all backgrounds end up speaking with some contrived slang and accent.

What music would you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      What music would you prefer?
      A bit of variety perhaps? It seems inconceivable to those who organise these shows that music doesn't have to be accompanied by some London rapper barking into a microphone.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

A bit of variety perhaps? It seems inconceivable to those who organise these shows that music doesn't have to be accompanied by some London rapper barking into a microphone.
        That must be what’s popular on the charts at the moment.

When it comes to the fighter ring walks they get to choose whatever is to their taste and liking, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Name some tunes you’d like to hear !!

Comment

UK hip hop is crap

So is most current US hip hop to be fair but UK hip hop has pretty much never sounded good.

I'm not old, so 90s and early 2000s hip hop was a little before my time, so I'm obviously not an old person hating anything new. That era of hip hop is objectively way better than anything from my later generation.

He nailed it..

Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-24-2024, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X