Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia says 60 dead, 145 injured in concert hall raid; Islamic State group claims responsibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

Russia is fighting Ukraine with limited power and paying high attention to minimize the civilian casualties. Otherwise, Ukraine would have been ruins in two weeks really. But as you say, all the support is making this go slower, which also is in interest of Russia: it slowly kills the Ukraine supporters economically and emotionally, exposing the real face of the leaders for long enough before the upcoming elections in so many European countries, the EU itself and in the US.
    Cope more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      What is the link between this attack and Nord Stream? Who blew it up is still being contested.

US in Syria? Ok. Russia is involved in Syria as well, and had dealt strikes against ISIS in Syria by supporting Bashar Al-Assad.
      ISIS had already threatened retaliation against Russia. So what's the issue there?

I personally don't think either Russia nor Ukraine are behind it. I think ISIS is behind this attack.
      I wouldn't put it past the ruskies to stage a false flag but again, for what purpose? unless they use isis as an pretext to invade xyz ala the u.s after 911 then that makes no sense.
      Putin is tight with the mountain Muslims in dagestan and chechynia, the terror attack in the Russian school you mentioned was when those very regions were fighting Russia, so it would make sense then, not now.

The point i was getting at was what does an extremist muslim terror group achieve by shooting a bunch of randoms in Russia? shouldn't they be trying to attack their no.1 enemy in Israel? but yet they are next door in a Muslim country destabilising it to achieve u.s foreign policy goals and now in Russia?
      ISIS like al qaeda are most likely controlled by intelligence. At the very least its been admitted multiple times that the west have funded and armed them, but then again I believe Russia has too?
      Last edited by mlac; 03-27-2024, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
        It is true that Ukraine is getting ammo and 60-year old weapons systems from Democracies around the globe. However, it is also true that the aid to Ukraine has been frustratingly slow and has trickled in more as a reaction to Russian tactics than to put a hurt on Russia because there was a concern Russia could obtain our superior weapon systems, that Ukraine did not have the technical training and resources to effectively use the more advanced weapons when they needed them, and nations did not want to do anything that could be perceived as escalating the war. However, Ukraine has proven over and over again that its military forces are very capable and it seems most nations are expressing more of a willingness to give Ukraine more advanced weaponry with training and without great concern for how Russia will react. In sum, this is a disaster for Russia, whose already had between 100,000 & 400,000 (depending upon the source) men die in Ukraine for relatively little gain.

It also true that Russia is selling its resources out cheap and begging for weapons from Iran and North Korea (lovely friends you got there btw). In the end, it is Ukrainians that are holding a much larger and aggressive Russia back. Russia should just cut its losses and leave Ukraine. Enough people have died for dumb ambitions already.
        Нaha, "betwееn 100,000 and 400,000" - like 300% perсent variation? Solid sources, yeah. Like Zelеnsky who claimed Ukrаine lost only 32,000.

Сheap Russiаn, Iranian and North Korеаn weapons are annihilating expensive NАТО ones - so it's a good quality сheap product over expensive crар.

In other words, tell me you don't think and analyze without telling me you don't think and analyze.
        1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

Comment

Нaha, "betwееn 100,000 and 400,000" - like 300% perсent variation? Solid sources, yeah. Like Zelеnsky who claimed Ukrаine lost only 32,000.

Сheap Russiаn, Iranian and North Korеаn weapons are annihilating expensive NАТО ones - so it's a good quality сheap product over expensive crар.

In other words, tell me you don't think and analyze without telling me you don't think and analyze.
          >100k is generally accepted as the realistic number of Russian deaths. Its probably about equal for Ukrainians.

There was a European study that looked at Russian probate records and concluded around 100k were KIA at that time. For each probable death, they had a name, DOB, and military division on record. Now. it is not 100% accurate because some of those folks could have died in accidents, could have been murdered, or died of sickness, but that is the most accurate and non-biased figure we have. Neither Russia nor Ukraine provides accurate information on their KIA. I think the USA is the only nation that has accurately reported its KIA in recent memory, but even that is largely due to the fact that the media would broadcast that information whether the government wants it to or not. Anyways, Ukraines claim of 440k KIA Russians is not realistic and no one believes them, but no one believe Russia's claims either. That is why the European probate study is the best evidence we have. There is also in excess of 100k deaths in Russia's youth that was not previously seen, but even that isn't as good as putting names/divisions to the deceased. So yeah, its pretty safe to think over 100k Russian men have died in the war so far. It is believe as well, because if it wasn't true, then why would Russia need to conscript people (from outside of Moscow)?

If you think this war is anything but a disaster for Russia and Ukraine then I don't know what to tell you. I can't change your mind and frankly I don't care to.
          Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

• So Russia is on the offensive and they captured bombers

Putin will use any means possible to find the leaders and they die for nothing

Comment

>100k is generally accepted as the realistic number of Russian deaths. Its probably about equal for Ukrainians.

There was a European study that looked at Russian probate records and concluded around 100k were KIA at that time. For each probable death, they had a name, DOB, and military division on record. Now. it is not 100% accurate because some of those folks could have died in accidents, could have been murdered, or died of sickness, but that is the most accurate and non-biased figure we have. Neither Russia nor Ukraine provides accurate information on their KIA. I think the USA is the only nation that has accurately reported its KIA in recent memory, but even that is largely due to the fact that the media would broadcast that information whether the government wants it to or not. Anyways, Ukraines claim of 440k KIA Russians is not realistic and no one believes them, but no one believe Russia's claims either. That is why the European probate study is the best evidence we have. There is also in excess of 100k deaths in Russia's youth that was not previously seen, but even that isn't as good as putting names/divisions to the deceased. So yeah, its pretty safe to think over 100k Russian men have died in the war so far. It is believe as well, because if it wasn't true, then why would Russia need to conscript people (from outside of Moscow)?
              Some 16 months ago, Ursula said 100,000 Ukrainians died (imagine one year later), but the video got removed quickly from wherever it was possible to remove. I don't trust any Western source.

Originally posted by Hous View Post
              If you think this war is anything but a disaster for Russia and Ukraine then I don't know what to tell you. I can't change your mind and frankly I don't care to.
              All of this has any validity if I think the war is anything but a disaster - well, I have bad news for you: I don't think war is anything normal, no matter who is at war with whom. But then I think how one part of the world shamelessly and hypocritically applies double standards when it comes to Russia, but not Israel and the US.

Comment

Russia is fighting Ukraine with limited power and paying high attention to minimize the civilian casualties. Otherwise, Ukraine would have been ruins in two weeks really. But as you say, all the support is making this go slower, which also is in interest of Russia: it slowly kills the Ukraine supporters economically and emotionally, exposing the real face of the leaders for long enough before the upcoming elections in so many European countries, the EU itself and in the US.

Do you believe the crap you write? At the beginning, Russia went in full speed, hoping to blitzkrieg and defeat Ukraine fast, but that didn't happen. Then they went into a stalemate and Russia just started bombing civilian cities.

Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

It is true that Ukraine is getting ammo and 60-year old weapons systems from Democracies around the globe. However, it is also true that the aid to Ukraine has been frustratingly slow and has trickled in more as a reaction to Russian tactics than to put a hurt on Russia because there was a concern Russia could obtain our superior weapon systems, that Ukraine did not have the technical training and resources to effectively use the more advanced weapons when they needed them, and nations did not want to do anything that could be perceived as escalating the war. However, Ukraine has proven over and over again that its military forces are very capable and it seems most nations are expressing more of a willingness to give Ukraine more advanced weaponry with training and without great concern for how Russia will react. In sum, this is a disaster for Russia, whose already had between 100,000 & 400,000 (depending upon the source) men die in Ukraine for relatively little gain.

It also true that Russia is selling its resources out cheap and begging for weapons from Iran and North Korea (lovely friends you got there btw). In the end, it is Ukrainians that are holding a much larger and aggressive Russia back. Russia should just cut its losses and leave Ukraine. Enough people have died for dumb ambitions already.
                  Well written.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

Do you believe the crap you write? At the beginning, Russia went in full speed, hoping to blitzkrieg and defeat Ukraine fast, but that didn't happen. Then they went into a stalemate and Russia just started bombing civilian cities.
                    No, I believe in the crap of people like you. Happy now?

Comment

No, I believe in the crap of people like you. Happy now?
                      Well you saw for yourself what Russia did with Ukrainian cities. Mariupol being the biggest example. So I don't know how your rationale is to say minimize civilian casualties when they literally turned a city of almost half a million into ruins.
                      Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X