Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It has been three years since inauguration in the US. Celebrate or pray for change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been three years since inauguration in the US. Celebrate or pray for change?

Is life better for you the last three years or worse? If it is worse for someone should they vote for Biden?

Personally, I have done well financially. As a citizen I don't agree that it is better for the majority though.

Doing worse (cost of living outpaced earning increased) but not terribly. I'll vote Biden over Trump as he'll make things worse. Much of the issues of the past few years are due to his actions. Tarrifs, PPP and stimulus checks started the inflation as did his ****ty response to COVID. Instead of putting protections to price gouging, he opted to give corporations almost a trillion dollars and paved the way for commercial investment into housing.
    Indict45 Convict45 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      Doing worse (cost of living outpaced earning increased) but not terribly. I'll vote Biden over Trump as he'll make things worse. Much of the issues of the past few years are due to his actions. Tarrifs, PPP and stimulus checks started the inflation as did his ****ty response to COVID. Instead of putting protections to price gouging, he opted to give corporations almost a trillion dollars and paved the way for commercial investment into housing.
      The polls show you are in the minority. Biden is very unpopular today. Most people don't seem to agree with your view.
      Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 15round View Post

The polls show you are in the minority. Biden is very unpopular today. Most people don't seem to agree with your view.
        Reminder- last 2 elections, Trump lost the popular vote both times.

Despite Biden’s low approval ratings, I do think more people like him than Trump.

Comment

And Trump just lost another case, no presidential immunity for Trump.

Comment

Not much changed for me. I still make the same amount, but food costs more here in Tokyo.

I go to farmers markets and buy local fruit, veggie, rice, fish, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              Not much changed for me. I still make the same amount, but food costs more here in Tokyo.

I want to drink sake with Zaroku

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Reminder- last 2 elections, Trump lost the popular vote both times.

Despite Biden’s low approval ratings, I do think more people like him than Trump.
                Maybe those people are not being honest with you.

It is nine months to vote. Even you may jump over to the other side by that time. I know someone close to 70 who has been a life long liberal Democrat. He said, enough is enough. He couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Japan. King of debt. How do they get by? I hear interest rates are very low and debt is like 230% of GDP. It seems like a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Japan. King of debt. How do they get by? I hear interest rates are very low and debt is like 230% of GDP. It seems like a recipe for disaster.
                    It’s already hard for young people to pay their debts. They are in their 30’s, sometimes 40’s waiting for their parents to die.

Interest rates are really low for sure, and it doesn’t seem to be helping much.

Comment

Working...
                    X