Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of Atheism in America (INFOGRAFIC)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Actually the Atheist movement became "En Vogue"

When people realized how Orthodox Religion was a front for nothing but exploitation and oppression of the poor.
    It doesn't need to be capitalized moron, its not a Madonna song.

Organized religion isn't all its cracked up to be, but atheism is just as stupid.

Any extreme is moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
      Its all by design. People who believe in nothing have no moral and ethical compass and are easier to lead astray. Justifications of evil become easier and more academic and no behavior can be considered "bad" because "god is dead"...

Nietszche set a trap for you all.

I'm not religious, but I think people having a faith, spirituality and a healthy "fear of god" whatever your "god" may be is a good thing.
      Atheism isn't a "belief in nothing", it's a "rejection of theism". Just want to clear that up. Atheists believe in any number of things actually.

Religion has been used to justify some of the most horrific crimes against humanity as well. It's just as easy (historically speaking) to lead a group of religious people to commit atrocities in the name of their God. If a group are convinced of any number of crimes are actually permissible by God, they actually believe it to be just.

Originally posted by Exodus 21:17
      And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
      Hardly deserving of a death sentence... Anybody can attempt to justify their actions through any of their beliefs.
      Last edited by TheJoker; 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Organized religion isn't all its cracked up to be, but atheism is just as stupid.

Any extreme is moronic.
        Way to really defend your statement/contribute to the topic.

Seriously shouldn't your dumbass be watching MTV right now or something?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Non religious people make up about 16% of the population of the United States. They make up less than 2% of the population of US prisons.
          most of the prison population haven't commited serious crimes either

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
            Atheism isn't a "belief in nothing", it's a "rejection of theism". Just want to clear that up. Atheists believe in any number of things actually.

Religion has been used to justify some of the most horrific crimes against humanity as well. It's just as easy (historically speaking) to lead a group of religious people to commit atrocities in the name of their God. If a group are convinced of any number of crimes are actually permissible by God, they actually believe it to be just.

Hardly deserving of a death sentence... Anybody can attempt to justify their actions through any of their beliefs.
            I don't need a dissertation on it, I already expressed my opinion on organized religion.

I'm more curious as to what atheists like you and piglet believe in. You guys always leave that part out.

Comment

Denying the existence of god is one thing, and providing a set of rules or a remote methodology that outline that belief is tolerable

Stating you believe in God and providing an outline for that belief is another.

Claiming there's something wrong with someone, or their "Moral Compass" isn't calibrated correctly because they don't believe in God:

Is ignorant. Plain and Simple.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I don't need a dissertation on it, I already expressed my opinion on organized religion.

I'm more curious as to what atheists like you and piglet believe in. You guys always leave that part out.

Comment

Any extreme is moronic.
                  Atheism is the belief that the universe was not created by a deity. All religions beliefs are more ridiculous than that.

Comment

Also it's not possible to equate Morality to the Catholic Church.

As a body of representatives it commits more atrocities than any other faction. So you can just go ahead and write that off.

Also basically any form of spawned Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                      Atheism is the belief that the universe was not created by a deity. All religions beliefs are more ridiculous than that.

are you an atheist? Do you believe in science? Do you believe in reason?

Comment

Working...
                      X