The Official NFL Sunday Football Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
    49ers didn't destroy the Pats.
    They actually worked them over pretty well. NE rallied late in the game, but that was it.

Comment

• Pats came back and tied the game. The Pats made a **** load of mistakes, and i'm sure most Pats would want a crack at them again.

Comment

Pats came back and tied the game. The Pats made a **** load of mistakes, and i'm sure most Pats would want a crack at them again.
        So...the Patriots made a **** load of mistakes to get down by 31 points. But then, made a great comeback to tie the game (and still end up losing by dd's.)

You're giving no credit to the Niners for forcing those mistakes on the Pats, and building that lead.

I could just as easily say that the Niners were fantastic in forcing mistakes on the Patriots, and that they made a **** load of mistakes allowing them to get back in the game (only to correct those mistakes, and win the game.)

See, anyone can make a one sided argument for their case.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          So...the Patriots made a **** load of mistakes to get down by 31 points. But then, made a great comeback to tie the game (and still end up losing by dd's.)

You're giving no credit to the Niners for forcing those mistakes on the Pats, and building that lead.

I could just as easily say that the Niners were fantastic in forcing mistakes on the Patriots, and that they made a **** load of mistakes allowing them to get back in the game (only to correct those mistakes, and win the game.)

See, anyone can make a one sided argument for their case.
          I just disagree that they destroyed the Pats and stated my case as to why, that's all.

Comment

I just disagree that they destroyed the Pats and stated my case as to why, that's all.
            I know. But your case basically gave no credit/blame to anything the Niners did, and only focused on the Patriots side of the ball.

The Patriots can be forced into those same kinds of mistakes, against say, the Bills, and most likely still win the game. And certainly not find themselves in a 30 point hole.

It actually looks more like the mistakes were on the Niners part in the 2nd half. Because they ultimately ended up winning the game by like 10. Maybe it's not that the Patriots couldn't complete the comeback. Maybe the Niners let their foot off the gas, and then reapplied it when they realized they had ****ed up.

Comment

• I don't trust Kap beating NE in the playoffs. Sorry. I just don't. Not against Brady in the Suerbowl. Thats a whole different type of spotlight. I think they beat Atlanta though.

Pats: 38

49ers: 24

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                I don't trust Kap beating NE in the playoffs. Sorry. I just don't. Not against Brady in the Suerbowl. Thats a whole different type of spotlight. I think they beat Atlanta though.

Pats: 38

49ers: 24
                nobody thought Kap was going to beat Rodgers in the playoffs either

Comment

• What's funny is that predictions for a Pats-Niners Super Bowl would be high scoring as hell, and I'd bet that neither team hit 30.

Comment

• Kaepernick's frantic improvement is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                      nobody thought Kap was going to beat Rodgers in the playoffs either
                      It will be interesting to see if Atlanta can make a good defensive gameplan to slow down Kap.

Comment

Working...
                      X