No announcement yet.

Bird in the fountain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird in the fountain

Been watching the male and female next to one of our front doors build this nest. Last year I blocked off the gazebo pillars so they couldn't build a nest and chit all over my BBQ. Guess they got the last laugh. Crazy they built it right next to one of the front doors.

https://ibb.co/0nmSMrq
    travestyny travestyny likes this.

That’s a Mourning Dove. You can hear them coo in the evening, they sound a little like owls. They are usually very skittish and fly away at the slightest disturbance.
    man down man down likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      That’s a Mourning Dove. You can hear them coo in the evening, they sound a little like owls. They are usually very skittish and fly away at the slightest disturbance.
      Yeah we have a lot of them. We've had a few owls around for the last month or so. I'm guessing the doves were looking for a save spot away from the owls.

Now I just have to get a rabbit trap. I'm sick of them killing my lawn. Spring is finally here!

Comment

If anyone is interested I'll update this topic when the babies hatch. They seem to have a set then have another set.

Comment

They straight misrespecting you brody. They starting a family in your face and in the front door. That's weakness. I say Smash the eggs on the floor in front of their dumb bird faces. You'll never see em again

Comment

You gotta admire the determination, while cussing them. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              You gotta admire the determination, while cussing them. Haha.
              Yeah plus I have a wife and daughter. You should have seen the look when I told them I'm getting rabbit traps. I then told them if you don't like it you can go dig up the dead spots and replace the lawn.

Things got real quiet lol.
              Tony Trick-Pony Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

Yeah plus I have a wife and daughter. You should have seen the look when I told them I'm getting rabbit traps. I then told them if you don't like it you can go dig up the dead spots and replace the lawn.

Things got real quiet lol.
                Well, you got to lay down the law sometimes. People get upset. And they get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

Well, you got to lay down the law sometimes. People get upset. And they get over it.
                  Hell Yeah none of this is cheap haha.
                  Tony Trick-Pony Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

Comment

I have nothing but hummingbirds by me.

Comment

Working...
                    X