• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ 3;22

Another short an sweet

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post

Hendrix did not have anything to do with that track, it was all Ernie Isley on guitar.
      Jimi only played with them for a short time in the 60's.

Oh yeah? Well try this on for size. Straight off their greatest hits CD. Magic starts at 3:30..

BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

I was gonna scan for dimebag and if he ain't been dropped throw a fit about it But I am too lazy for that ****.

Les Paul is very underrated because he's old, old, school country. The music is ... hokey at best ... it a bit goofy in that old old country way, but boys he certainly could play. harmonics like they're normal picking and ****, bro's bad. You want to give it a real listen if you're actually into guitar.

Richie Valens, yes the La Bamba guy, also was really really talented if you give more than bamba a listen one of the best ever.

Of course there's eddie and dime and all the guys who came sounding just like eddie or dime. I don't get slash, hammet, etc. getting all the praise they do because they are just Eddie but not as technically proficient. Kirk is a great author, so maybe in those terms I get it. But if you mean who can play what, Eddie can play everything Kirk, Slash, Jimmy, and Jimmi ever played but they cannot follow him, or, never showed the ability to. So, yeah, Hammet writes a hella solo, I appreciate the emotions he shoots for, but in term of playing talents, he is limited as **** or writes limited as **** to match his songs better.

Finally the weirdos don't get the respect they should. You *****s think you're doing RATM because you make guitar noises too. Can't tell you how many times I've heard the Killing solo done wrongly. Close enough, but ya wrong. Morello is consistent and knows exactly what to do to get the exact sound. It's a different way of playing for sure, but it is hard to follow and mimic for sure as well.

Like how Ace Frehley is sloppy, but consistently sloppy. He he slows a bit on tempo in one section and speeds up a bit too much in another, just a little sloppy, he'll do that same exact slop every goddamn time and that is hard. Most the time you hear a Kiss solo you hear a guitarist clean up Ace's work. Because it is hard to be sloppy the same exact way in the same exact spots every single time you play the solo. Being tight and on point becomes easier and so Ace deserves respect. Morello deserves respect and even Wes Borland deserves respect.

Y'all *****s what sit around playing your drunkard blues like as if that's impressive might think you know a bit of guitar and scoff at the idea Ace Frehley is way, way, way better than your drunken frampton routine, but the bros who can really jam know exactly what I mean.

I ain't been in a band since I was like 16 or 17 but I'm pretty sure I can find some old tracks. If anyone wants to do a show and tell of their garage bands I'm down. I'm pretty sure we blow most y'all TF away in talent alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post

Oh yeah? Well try this on for size. Straight off their greatest hits CD. Magic starts at 3:30..

LOL, I used to play that in my very first paid gigging band.
          It's an iconic solo (for a pop tune), but after playing it note for note in the bars for a couple months it became fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I was the first to vote it off our set, and thankfully we didn't do anymore power ballads.

Comment

Pretty sure it's a guitar (2;50)

Comment

I always enjoy this one. starts @ 2:22

Comment

(4;18)
                Last edited by BodyBagz; 04-11-2024, 08:16 AM.

Comment

(1;49)

Comment

Working...
                  X