Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The total for the last week hit 7,980, for a daily average of 1,140 Russia soldiers killed.

Russia's losses in Ukraine as of May 1: 1,120 troops and 13 artillery systems.

・Personnel: approximately 469,840 (+1,120) individuals eliminated;

・Tanks: 7,312 (+5) units;

・APV (Armored personnel vehicles): 14,067 (+21) units;

・Artillery systems: 12,024 (+13) units;

・MLRS (Multiple launch rocket systems): 1,053 units;

・Anti aircraft warfare systems: 780 (+1) units;

・Aircraft: 348 units;

・Helicopters: 325 units;

・UAV operational-tactical level: 9,538 (+7) units;

・Cruise missiles: 2,124 units;

・Warships/boats: 26 units;

・Submarines: 1 unit;

・Vehicles and fuel tankers: 16,175 (+33) units;

・Special equipment: 1,980 (+3) units.

But this offensive will equate to something more than Russia treating its people like pawns. sure.

And America should stay out because not forcing Russia to waste so much doesn't benefit America.

Y'all ****in' dumb bro. Just straight up, if you disagree with me it's because yeruh tard with a tiny pee-pee bro.

This argument has not progressed because y'all too ****in stupid to force me into saying anything more than cite x call you tard wash and repeat. Getting bored with this **** over here.

Russia, for the entire history of Russia, has only ever had one military strategy. Throw lives at the fire until the other guy is tired of watching you murder your own. 100% every single Russian conflict the Russians were given reign over. That's why their sole military brag comes from doing what America told them to do with American equipment. You stupid pricks.

Russia chose a cold war and chose to be the alternative to American hegemony. To this day Russia has no re-aligned trade or military. So TF? TF do you morons expect?

*****, Pepsi IS Coke's problem. Pepsi is not ****ing Huffy's problem. You too stupid to understand that ****? Pepsi CHOSE to be coke's problem, it's their entire bag *****. You too ****ed to death tarded to follow?

It's not complicated, bring me a new ****ing issue. For ****'s sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post

I don't know if you are pro Ukraine but you are pro war I know that much
      No. You are prowar. You just cant have enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        The total for the last week hit 7,980, for a daily average of 1,140 Russia soldiers killed.

But this offensive will equate to something more than Russia treating its people like pawns. sure.

And America should stay out because not forcing Russia to waste so much doesn't benefit America.

Y'all ****in' dumb bro. Just straight up, if you disagree with me it's because yeruh tard with a tiny pee-pee bro.

This argument has not progressed because y'all too ****in stupid to force me into saying anything more than cite x call you tard wash and repeat. Getting bored with this **** over here.

Russia, for the entire history of Russia, has only ever had one military strategy. Throw lives at the fire until the other guy is tired of watching you murder your own. 100% every single Russian conflict the Russians were given reign over. That's why their sole military brag comes from doing what America told them to do with American equipment. You stupid pricks.

Russia chose a cold war and chose to be the alternative to American hegemony. To this day Russia has no re-aligned trade or military. So TF? TF do you morons expect?

*****, Pepsi IS Coke's problem. Pepsi is not ****ing Huffy's problem. You too stupid to understand that ****? Pepsi CHOSE to be coke's problem, it's their entire bag *****. You too ****ed to death tarded to follow?

Yep. I'm happy that the russians keeps on with those senseless meatwave attacks. That maximises their losses to an extent Ukraine cannot reach by going on the offensive. I think thats an important lesson from last years battles ie. the Ukrainian offensive and Bakhmut and Avdiivka from the russians.

So I hope they continue this push gaining 100 yards here and there for the cost of hundreds of men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post

I don't know if you are pro Ukraine but you are pro war I know that much
          The problem is that you are pro-appeasement. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are truly neutral and just don't want war; however, you have to understand that appeasement has never worked to avoid confrontation with expansionist aggressors in history. When you make territorial concessions to aggressors to avoid conflict it always emboldens the aggressor and encourages them to take "another one". This failed policy occurred with Nazi Germany (Neville Chamberlain famously allowed the Nazi's to take and occupy the Sudetenlands which the Nazi's claimed was their historical lands, the Nazi's then took Czechoslovakia and Chamberlain again allowed it, then the Nazi's took Poland months later), Fascist Italy (French Premier Laval allowed Mussolini to invade Abyssinia (Ethiopia)), the Japanese Empire (Japan claimed the areas it referred to as Manchuria were disputed and not apart of China or inhabited by true Chinese. Japan used this as a justification for invading this part of China and noone did anything to stop the aggression aside from asking politely. Japan continued taking territory throughout the Pacific).

Appeasement didn't work then and it won't work now.
          Last edited by Hous; 05-02-2024, 09:01 AM.
          Kris Silver Kris Silver Vlad_ Vlad_ like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Vlad_ seems a warehouse holding fresh nato equipment for UA in Odessa got destructedimage.jpg
            Nope. Just a civilian warehouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post

The problem is that you are pro-appeasement. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are truly neutral and just don't want war; however, you have to understand that appeasement has never worked to avoid confrontation with expansionist aggressors in history. When you make territorial concessions to aggressors to avoid conflict it always emboldens the aggressor and encourages them to take "another one". This failed policy occurred with Nazi Germany (Neville Chamberlain famously allowed the Nazi's to take and occupy the Sudetenlands which the Nazi's claimed was their historical lands, the Nazi's then took Czechoslovakia and Chamberlain again allowed it, then the Nazi's took Poland months later), Fascist Italy (French Premier Laval allowed Mussolini to invade Abyssinia (Ethiopia)), the Japanese Empire (Japan claimed the areas it referred to as Manchuria were disputed and not apart of China or inhabited by true Chinese. Japan used this as a justification for invading this part of China and noone did anything to stop the aggression aside from asking politely. Japan continued taking territory throughout the Pacific).

I understand that... if you aren't one of these hawks like silver or Nelson then I am happy to talk properly... I've never advocated Ukraine just handing over everything to Russia or the west giving them nothing, but there is a timeline for this it can't last forever, the problem is Ukraine have a leader who isn't even prepared to come to the table and the reality is that the land that they have lost they aren't able to get back, that's the fact of the matter.... I think zelensky is.enjoying his role and being in the limelight, saw he had a Nice lunch date with a member of the Royal family this week, and as things stand there are no elections whilst he is in power and his popularity is declining... if the west keep drip feeding him support to just about hang on then there is no incentive to end this thing, I said a while ago they can fund one more counteroffensive and if/when there is no progress then he has to come to the negotiating table or the plug gets pulled in terms of funding... the west can give them some other incentives such as investing in infrastructure or something and russia keep the land they've got

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post

Russia is answering NATO’s aggressive expansion and NATO’s proxy is losing the exchanges

Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post

I understand that... if you aren't one of these hawks like silver or Nelson then I am happy to talk properly... I've never advocated Ukraine just handing over everything to Russia or the west giving them nothing, but there is a timeline for this it can't last forever, the problem is Ukraine have a leader who isn't even prepared to come to the table and the reality is that the land that they have lost they aren't able to get back, that's the fact of the matter.... I think zelensky is.enjoying his role and being in the limelight, saw he had a Nice lunch date with a member of the Royal family this week, and as things stand there are no elections whilst he is in power and his popularity is declining... if the west keep drip feeding him support to just about hang on then there is no incentive to end this thing, I said a while ago they can fund one more counteroffensive and if/when there is no progress then he has to come to the negotiating table or the plug gets pulled in terms of funding... the west can give them some other incentives such as investing in infrastructure or something and russia keep the land they've got
                western aid = western taxpayer money into jewlensky’s pockets

Even if it means running natoKraine into the ground his survival is based on the near zero chance of UA scoring a come from behind KO
                Batko10 Batko10 likes this.

Comment

• Russia is capturing its biggest swath of territory since July 2022

​(CNN) — The five-month wait before US Congress approved $61 billion in military aid to Ukraine may have caused lasting damage that will be felt on the frontlines for months to come.

Russian forces have used the “artillery drought” hampering Ukraine’s defenses since December to push forward on the eastern front near Avdiivka, making the largest advance since the early months of the war. Moscow’s progress has prompted warnings from senior Ukrainian military officials of a possible threat to Kyiv’s supply lines and hubs in the east, which are now perilously close to being in range of superior Russian firepower.

Only on Sunday did the top Ukrainian military commander, Oleksandr Syrskyi, admit the fall of a series of villages that his subordinates had insisted for days were still contested. The resulting fallback showed Russian forces had, in just over two months, made the most substantial and swift progress since July 2022’s advances near Severodonetsk, according to a CNN analysis.

The Ukrainian reluctance to admit these losses led to public criticism from some pro-Ukrainian military bloggers and analysts. DeepStateMap, which updates the frontline situation daily, showed significant losses near Avdiivka. One of the group’s founders, Ruslan Mykula, told CNN they spoke out because they had felt a military “spokesperson has the opportunity to check the real situation, but he [still] provides untrue information and this undermines our credibility.”

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Yep. I'm happy that the russians keeps on with those senseless meatwave attacks. That maximises their losses to an extent Ukraine cannot reach by going on the offensive. I think thats an important lesson from last years battles ie. the Ukrainian offensive and Bakhmut and Avdiivka from the russians.

So I hope they continue this push gaining 100 yards here and there for the cost of hundreds of men.
                  ​The total for the last week hit 7,980, for a daily average of 1,140 Russia soldiers killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    Nope. Just a civilian warehouse.
                    natoKraine fails to emulate Russian combat engineering:

No safety in retreat: Ukrainian soldiers say rear defensive lines barely exist amid Russian advance

​KHARKIV, Ukraine (AP) — During pitched battles with far better-armed Russian forces, Ukrainian soldier Batyar’s unit has few options.

Devastating Russian aerial glide bombs that can drop up to 1.5 tons of explosives out of range of most of Ukraine's air defenses are gnawing away at his men’s positions in a new tactic.

Yet, to retreat carries no promise of safety — the rear defensive lines meant to give them cover barely exist, he said.

Facing an outcry after Avdiivka's fall, Ukraine is rushing to build concrete-fortified trenches, foxholes, firing positions and other barricades on the front lines. But relentless Russian shelling, lack of equipment and crippling bureaucracy plague construction across the vast 1,000-kilometer (600-mile) front.

Russia's preparedness paid off during Kyiv’s failed counteroffensive last summer: Ukraine’s momentum was slowed in the Zaporizhzhia region by Moscow’s extensive fortifications.

But Ukraine was slow to follow suit; it was not until this spring, when weather conditions improved, that any real progress was made. In March, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced Ukraine was building 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles) of fortifications across three lines of defense.

“There was an absence of responsibility. ... People didn't understand that fortifications can save your life if you do it in advance," said Oleksandr, a deputy infantry commander with the 47th brigade in the Avdiivka area who gave only his first name in line with military rules.

"Many people thought we ... wouldn't need to prepare such lines. They didn't expect a new Russian offensive.”

Building the second line, 2 to 5 kilometers behind the front line and within range of Russian artillery, is the responsibility of Ukraine’s poorly-resourced engineering force. The third line, at a greater distance from battle, is constructed by companies under military contracts.

The reasons for Ukraine's lack of preparedness are rooted in the years after independence when it began downsizing its military because it couldn't afford to maintain the large force inherited from the Soviet Union. Its engineering regiments were dismantled until there were only a handful left. Equipment, including excavators and plows so direly needed now, were sold off.

“We entered the war with nothing,” said a serviceman in Ukraine’s engineering force, who spoke on condition of anonymity to talk openly about the lack of preparation. When he arrived to build fortifications in Ukraine’s east in October, all his unit had were aging equipment from the 1960s and shovels, he said.

DISCONNECTED PITS

Ukraine's lack of adequate defensive lines has helped Russia make significant military gains, and constant enemy fire hinders building.

Five commanders in Avdiivka and Chasiv Yar, which have been under relentless Russian assault, said without well-prepared positions they were unable to gain a foothold in unfamiliar terrain and defend without suffering huge losses.

In Chasiv Yar, a strategic hilltop town in Donetsk, the lack of fortifications helped turn the tables in Russia’s favor.

In mid-March, Ukraine’s 67th brigade was rotated in to hold positions roughly 3 kilometers from the town. “I would be hard-pressed to describe them as 'positions,'” said a Ukrainian serviceman who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the failings candidly.

He expected dugouts, a labyrinth of trenches and firing positions, but what he found were a series of pits, barely large enough to hide in during artillery barrages.

"This is all a big question for our leadership: Why didn’t they purchase the equipment that military engineers needed to do their jobs? Why did they wait until they just gave it to us?” said the director, who like other company officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive military contracts.

The owner of another company supplying concrete for front-line fortifications said some regional officials, under pressure to build them quickly, were inflating progress. “I saw the figures, and knowing what I know about the supplies, I know they can't be true,” he said.

And then, there are the Russian attacks. Drones monitor building activity as far back as the third line and routinely attack workers.

In Kharkiv, at least four construction workers were killed in the last month, according to the governor. In addition, 10 pieces of equipment were destroyed.

“The enemy sees everything,” he said.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X