No announcement yet.

**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MR.CHICANITO View Post
    Well hopefully now the front office along with Jed York can do a much better job of finding a top notch GM and a experienced head coach for da Niners so that either one of them or better yet both of them can work together to bring in the right kind of QB that better suits the style of offense the next head coach brings with him.And another thing for gods sake bring in a veteran quarterback that can win some ballgames and draft a future starting quarterback as well!!!
    There it is right there.......all spelled out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
      There it is right there.......all spelled out!
      Another thing is i hope they can bring in a solid experienced coaching stff along with who ever does end up getting da niners coaching position and bring in a guy who knows everything from top to bottom about offense and developing quarterbacks and a good quarterback coach too.

Comment

• Well Baalke apparently already has the GM job and they are just waiting to announce it. Slic I think you should forget Gruden a "Well placed source" said that the 49ers won't be going after has beens. If everything goes right for the FO we will end up with Baalke:GM Harbaugh:HC. I would prefer an experienced GM, but what are you gonna do?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmasta View Post
          Well Baalke apparently already has the GM job and they are just waiting to announce it. Slic I think you should forget Gruden a "Well placed source" said that the 49ers won't be going after has beens. If everything goes right for the FO we will end up with Baalke:GM Harbaugh:HC. I would prefer an experienced GM, but what are you gonna do?
          Has beens??? as in Proven Coaches who have taken teams where we hope to one day be???

is the motto go for the new coach.......new young and unproven?? I have nothing against Harbaugh....but the Jimmy Johnson's of the world seem to only come every so often....College success does not always translate to NFL suceess......Chucky been there done that yes but is faaaar from a has been IMO......if not Chucky then they need to look at an established guy....maybe a Bill Cowher??? Im not all in on this Harbaugh beeing the hot coach thing.....maybe that's just me......

Comment

Has beens??? as in Proven Coaches who have taken teams where we hope to one day be???

is the motto go for the new coach.......new young and unproven?? I have nothing against Harbaugh....but the Jimmy Johnson's of the world seem to only come every so often....College success does not always translate to NFL suceess......Chucky been there done that yes but is faaaar from a has been IMO......if not Chucky then they need to look at an established guy....maybe a Bill Cowher??? Im not all in on this Harbaugh beeing the hot coach thing.....maybe that's just me......

Baalke named GM and today they met with Hue Jackson(to satisfy rooney rule I presume) and met with Jim harbaugh at an "undisclosed location". Notice how you don't even hear mention of Gruden and Cowher? You have to keep in mind the fact that they are also trying to get the stadium built and Jim will put ass*s in seats because he is loved in the bay area, that and the fact that a guy like Gruden would want to change up the FO a lot and Jed for some reason thinks it's perfect the way it is.

Comment

Baalke named GM and today they met with Hue Jackson(to satisfy rooney rule I presume) and met with Jim harbaugh at an "undisclosed location". Notice how you don't even hear mention of Gruden and Cowher? You have to keep in mind the fact that they are also trying to get the stadium built and Jim will put ass*s in seats because he is loved in the bay area, that and the fact that a guy like Gruden would want to change up the FO a lot and Jed for some reason thinks it's perfect the way it is.
              YOu beat me to it....I was gonna post the update.....well at the end of the day winning will put ass*s on them seats.....so im looking for a coach that will get us there......the talent is there.........we need a QB and a Coach to lead the way........if it ends up being Harbaugh then im in but I hope they at least give Gruden or Cowher a call.....you'd be stupid not to......

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ilence-critics

Getting Harbaugh should silence critics
                January, 7, 2011 Jan 74:01PM ETEmail Print Comments133 By Mike SandoThe San Francisco 49ers wanted Jim Harbaugh and will get him, marking a badly needed victory for team president Jed York and the organization.

HarbaughESPN's Adam Schefter initially used the phrase "expected to" when reporting news of the five-year agreement, a wise choice of words given the twists and turns associated with Harbaugh's various candidacies for jobs with the 49ers, Miami Dolphins and others. The team has subsequently called a news conference for 6:30 p.m. ET.

When Harbaugh signs the deal, York and the 49ers will have scored a bottom-line victory in a bottom-line business.

Their handling of the searches for a general manager and head coach opened them to criticism at times, but getting their guy was all that mattered in the end. The terms of the deal, reported as five years and $25 million, meant the 49ers were not low-balling Harbaugh when they offered around $5 million per season, even as the Dolphins reportedly offered $7 million to $8 million.

The 49ers now appear to have shown admirable restraint and patience.

Can Harbaugh coach? The success he enjoyed at Stanford suggests he can.

Will that success translate to the NFL? Many factors beyond Harbaugh's on-field coaching will determine whether he succeeds with the 49ers. He'll have to find a quarterback, put together a staff, help identify talent in the draft, manage personalities, communicate effectively and more.

The 49ers can worry about those things later.

For now, they can celebrate landing a high-profile coaching candidate amid significant doubts. For the first time since they hired Steve Mariucci, they have a young, ascending, offensive-minded head coach -- exactly what they wanted.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ilence-critics

Getting Harbaugh should silence critics
                  January, 7, 2011 Jan 74:01PM ETEmail Print Comments133 By Mike SandoThe San Francisco 49ers wanted Jim Harbaugh and will get him, marking a badly needed victory for team president Jed York and the organization.

HarbaughESPN's Adam Schefter initially used the phrase "expected to" when reporting news of the five-year agreement, a wise choice of words given the twists and turns associated with Harbaugh's various candidacies for jobs with the 49ers, Miami Dolphins and others. The team has subsequently called a news conference for 6:30 p.m. ET.

When Harbaugh signs the deal, York and the 49ers will have scored a bottom-line victory in a bottom-line business.

Their handling of the searches for a general manager and head coach opened them to criticism at times, but getting their guy was all that mattered in the end. The terms of the deal, reported as five years and $25 million, meant the 49ers were not low-balling Harbaugh when they offered around $5 million per season, even as the Dolphins reportedly offered $7 million to $8 million.

The 49ers now appear to have shown admirable restraint and patience.

Can Harbaugh coach? The success he enjoyed at Stanford suggests he can.

Will that success translate to the NFL? Many factors beyond Harbaugh's on-field coaching will determine whether he succeeds with the 49ers. He'll have to find a quarterback, put together a staff, help identify talent in the draft, manage personalities, communicate effectively and more.

The 49ers can worry about those things later.

For now, they can celebrate landing a high-profile coaching candidate amid significant doubts. For the first time since they hired Steve Mariucci, they have a young, ascending, offensive-minded head coach -- exactly what they wanted.
                  Can't say im waaaaaaaaaaaaay in on this but if this fella is gonna take us to where we once were then im for it.....GO NINERS!!!!!

Comment

Can't say im waaaaaaaaaaaaay in on this but if this fella is gonna take us to where we once were then im for it.....GO NINERS!!!!!
                    Were you following this whole thing closely? For three days "sources" had him going to every team in the league reporting like it was a done deal. 49ers targeted him the supposedly because we need a QB and when he was with the Raiders he wrote "spot on" reports on Tony Romo, David Garrard, Joey Harrington. Hopefully he is the right man for the job, at least we are going back to our WCO Bill Walsh roots.

Comment

Were you following this whole thing closely? For three days "sources" had him going to every team in the league reporting like it was a done deal. 49ers targeted him the supposedly because we need a QB and when he was with the Raiders he wrote "spot on" reports on Tony Romo, David Garrard, Joey Harrington. Hopefully he is the right man for the job, at least we are going back to our WCO Bill Walsh roots.
                      Yes finally the 49ers have got their man or should i say our main target this offsseason!! Jim Harbaugh is a big upgrade over Mike Singletary especially in the experience department and heres to hoping that Jim Harbaugh and his future assistants dont throw the next highly drafted or potential franchise quarterback into the fire too early.I'm sure this coach knows what he is doing and he will bring in a good qb coach for next years 49ers qb's to work on their fundamentals and mechanics and put our next quarterback in the best position to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X