**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
    Randy Moss saved the niners there.
    no lie.....that was a vet move.....worked out great for us they didn't call it.....but that was most def O P I

Comment

• I normally don't say this .....but I want to CRUSH the sh2t atta the Rams this weekend........CRUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Comment

• It's Kap's show to run once again........I really hope we found our dude this time....it does look pretty odd that he is thug life though ahhahaha

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...html?ir=Sports

Colin Kaepernick's ink is getting lots of ink. The San Francisco 49ers' star sub's arms and back are covered with tattoos, not an unusual look among athletes. But when you play quarterback and replace a proven winner like Alex Smith for two victories as a starter, your arm gets lots of attention.

Both of Kaepernick's arms are tapestries of tattoos, displaying psalms and other phrases. The QB's tattoo artist, Nes Andrion of Reno, Nev., told The Huffington Post that the inside of one of Kaepernick's biceps reads, "My Gift," and the inside of the other reads, "Is My Curse." The top of his right bicep features the word "FAITH."

Andrion, the owner of tattoo shop Endless Ink in Reno, estimated he's done "93 percent" of the player's tattoos, over nine sessions in Reno and Las Vegas while Kaepernick was playing for the University of Nevada. He said Kaepernick liked the depiction of opposing forces, such as good and bad and Heaven and Hell. Thus, the tattoos on Kaepernick's back -- more a skin mural, really -- have an angels and demons motif, according to the artist.

"When I put my touch to that tattoo, it's not just a tattoo cause I'm getting paid for it," Andrion said. "It's got meaning."

The psalms tattooed on Kaepernick's arms address his competitive instinct, according to Sports Illustrated. Psalm 27:3, on one arm, reads: "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear though war break out against me, even then I will be confident."

Psalm 18:39, on the other arm, says:, "You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me."

Kaepernick asked his parents for help picking the passages to inscribe on his arms, according to the Nevada Sagebrush. “They are about asking God to help kick somebody’s butt,” his mother, Teresa Kaepernick, told the student-run university outlet. “When you look at them, it’s not surprising to see that an athlete chose those two verses.”

Butt-kicking indeed. In a season that has included two starts, Kaepernick has completed 48 of 74 passes for 680 yards and three touchdowns, showing lively legs and a greater willingness than Smith to throw downfield. His success has generated a genuine quarterback controversy in San Francisco, putting pressure on Coach Jim Harbaugh to name a starter for the coming week.

Quarterbacks aren't normally known or their tats, but Kaepernick seems comfortable in his skin. And whether he starts or not, the 2011 second-round draft pick already has his fill-in success summed up in a tattoo on his chest. The handwriting reads: "Against All Odds."

"I had so many people saying I wasn't going to be successful," Kaepernick told Sports Illustrated. "For me, it's trying to prove those people wrong. They won't tell me whether I'm going to be successful; I'll determine it by how hard I work."

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          It's Kap's show to run once again........I really hope we found our dude this time....it does look pretty odd that he is thug life though ahhahaha

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...html?ir=Sports

Colin Kaepernick's ink is getting lots of ink. The San Francisco 49ers' star sub's arms and back are covered with tattoos, not an unusual look among athletes. But when you play quarterback and replace a proven winner like Alex Smith for two victories as a starter, your arm gets lots of attention.

Both of Kaepernick's arms are tapestries of tattoos, displaying psalms and other phrases. The QB's tattoo artist, Nes Andrion of Reno, Nev., told The Huffington Post that the inside of one of Kaepernick's biceps reads, "My Gift," and the inside of the other reads, "Is My Curse." The top of his right bicep features the word "FAITH."

Andrion, the owner of tattoo shop Endless Ink in Reno, estimated he's done "93 percent" of the player's tattoos, over nine sessions in Reno and Las Vegas while Kaepernick was playing for the University of Nevada. He said Kaepernick liked the depiction of opposing forces, such as good and bad and Heaven and Hell. Thus, the tattoos on Kaepernick's back -- more a skin mural, really -- have an angels and demons motif, according to the artist.

"When I put my touch to that tattoo, it's not just a tattoo cause I'm getting paid for it," Andrion said. "It's got meaning."

The psalms tattooed on Kaepernick's arms address his competitive instinct, according to Sports Illustrated. Psalm 27:3, on one arm, reads: "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear though war break out against me, even then I will be confident."

Psalm 18:39, on the other arm, says:, "You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me."

Kaepernick asked his parents for help picking the passages to inscribe on his arms, according to the Nevada Sagebrush. “They are about asking God to help kick somebody’s butt,” his mother, Teresa Kaepernick, told the student-run university outlet. “When you look at them, it’s not surprising to see that an athlete chose those two verses.”

Butt-kicking indeed. In a season that has included two starts, Kaepernick has completed 48 of 74 passes for 680 yards and three touchdowns, showing lively legs and a greater willingness than Smith to throw downfield. His success has generated a genuine quarterback controversy in San Francisco, putting pressure on Coach Jim Harbaugh to name a starter for the coming week.

Quarterbacks aren't normally known or their tats, but Kaepernick seems comfortable in his skin. And whether he starts or not, the 2011 second-round draft pick already has his fill-in success summed up in a tattoo on his chest. The handwriting reads: "Against All Odds."

"I had so many people saying I wasn't going to be successful," Kaepernick told Sports Illustrated. "For me, it's trying to prove those people wrong. They won't tell me whether I'm going to be successful; I'll determine it by how hard I work."
          undercover thug

Comment

• Nice 2 c you guys came 2 your senses about quaterback situation.

Now you're only one or two seasons away from the promised land !!!
            Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Maybe you wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with Alex Smith Niners fans, but I'm almost willing to bet that you won't with Kaepernick this year either. Its too late to throw him in, teams will have him figured out just in time for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                Nice 2 c you guys came 2 your senses about quaterback situation.

Now you're only one or two seasons away from the promised land !!!
                Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Maybe you wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with Alex Smith Niners fans, but I'm almost willing to bet that you won't with Kaepernick this year either. Its too late to throw him in, teams will have him figured out just in time for the playoffs.
                Only time will tell.............see you all in the playoffs/superbowl......

Comment

• Kaepernick's rise didn't surprise ex-teammate
                  2:05 PM, November 29, 2012 | Comments

by Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- What coach Jim Harbaugh made official Wednesday â?? Colin Kaepernick is the San Francisco 49ers' starting quarterback â?? was inevitable, according to one of Kaepernick's former teammates at the University of Nevada.

He has seen it happen before.

"I already knew. I was thinking, 'Alex Smith better do what he's got to do to keep fighting,' because Kap is one of those guys who, once he got a hold of it, it was going to be hard to get it back," said Denver Broncos tight end Virgil Green, Kaepernick's teammate for five years in Reno. "He got his opportunity, and he's a guy who rises to the occasion."

Kaepernick was a redshirt freshman in 2007 when he replaced injured starter Nick Graziano in a game against Fresno State.

A week later, in his first college start, Kaepernick accounted for five touchdowns (three passing, two rushing) in Nevada's four-overtime 69-67 loss to Boise State. Kaepernick started every game for the rest of his college career, and Graziano transferred a year later.

"That was the game that made Colin Kaepernick," Green said.

In the seasons that followed, Green watched Kaepernick grow from a skinny kid who was "always throwing heat" to a mature and accurate passer. In their final regular-season game together, Green said Kaepernick rallied his teammates with a stirring speech at halftime against undefeated Boise State.

"He just tells us, 'If you don't think we can come back, you all can stay in the locker room, but we're going to make a run for this thing,'" he said.

So what happened? "We made a run," Green said, laughing.

Kaepernick threw a tying touchdown pass with 13 seconds left in regulation, and Nevada won 34-31 in overtime, ending Boise State's 24-game winning streak.

So Green wasn't surprised when Harbaugh said, "We've got two quarterbacks that we feel great about as a starting quarterback. What tips the scales is Colin has the hot hand."

Green knew the day was coming.

"His senior year, you could tell he was one of the (best) quarterbacks coming out," Green said. "His competitive nature is just unmatched."

In the San Francisco locker room, players seemed unfazed by the announcement.

"In this league, I'm not surprised about nothing," wide receiver Michael Crabtree said. "Whoever the quarterback is, I'm just going to try and go make plays."

Comment

• sounds like Alex is finally getting fed up .......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ching-it-sucks
                    Alex Smith on San Francisco 49ers benching: 'It sucks'

By Marc Sessler
                    Around the League Writer
                    Published: Nov. 29, 2012 at 03:56 p.m.
                    Updated: Nov. 29, 2012 at 09:43 p.m.

Alex Smith understandably is upset about being sent to the bench.
                    Brooks: The Kaepernick advantage
                    Jim Harbaugh's decision to start Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith is bold, but it's also correct. Bucky Brooks explains why. More ...

The San Francisco 49ers' former starting quarterback will watch as second-year pro Colin Kaepernick makes his third consecutive start Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

"I mean, it sucks. I don't know what else to say," Smith said Thursday, per Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

Smith told reporters in his first comments since being benched that the only thing he did to lose his job was suffer a concussion the last time the 49ers played the Rams, a 24-24 tie in Week 10.

Much has changed for coach Jim Harbaugh's team in the weeks since, but Smith said players state their case with their play, per Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee.
                    NFL Exposure
                    TOP 10 QB Controversies
                    With Jim Harbaugh's announcement that Colin Kaepernick will start for the 49ers, let's take a look at other QB controversies through the years.

"I felt I did that," said Smith, who leads the NFL in completion percentage (70.0) and ranks fifth in passer rating (104.1).

"It stings the most just because I really felt there was something special going on here, and you sacrifice and invest so much time," Smith added, via The Associated Press. "... I have no idea what's going to happen from here. All I can do now is just prepare and get ready."

Smith has been cleared from his concussion, so he could play if needed. But one thing Smith won't do is try to talk Harbaugh out of his decision.

"At this point, what's talk going to do?" Smith said, via The AP. "I feel like he made up his mind, and he's not a guy that didn't put thought into it already. I don't get to make those decisions. That's what he gets paid to do. I play football. So that's what I'm going to continue to do."

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Comment

• jose, Phantom, where you at?

Comment

Working...
                      X