Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Darwin film too controversial for religious America.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eloquence noun 1 the art or power of using speech to impress, move or persuade. 2 persuasive, fine and effectual language.

Comment

so whats controversial about it? that it isnt religious? thats it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post

FFS Religion isn't a theory.

Natural selection doesn't claim that we came from apes, it claims that we have a common ancestor with apes, therefore we are intelligent apes. (Remove the intelligent part in your case.)

Look, you need to sit down and study the theory as you obviously know very little about it.

To say that it isn't eloquent makes me laugh because it is a theory, eloquence refers to speech.
        Oh boy.

Eloquence is applicable to a broad range of topics.
        I.e, its a clumsy theory or "not eloquent"...lol.

I know all about the theory, no need to pour over it again. If you can't deal w/ me not agreeing with you, thats your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Cool View Post
          Oh boy.

I know all about the theory, no need to pour over it again. If you can't deal w/ me not agreeing with you, thats your problem.
          It's your problem if you can't give any reason for not agreeing with one of the most fascinating theories ever.

You've given me nothing, therefore you get nothing from me.

Comment

Oh boy.

BTW do you mean elegant? You realise that it is a completely different word right?

Comment

It's your problem if you can't give any reason for not agreeing with one of the most fascinating theories ever.

You've given me nothing, therefore you get nothing from me.
              I don't owe you anything.

And speak for yourself, humans evolving from primitive forms isn't that fascinating. Its somewhat insulting actually.

Comment

BTW do you mean elegant? You realise that it is a completely different word right?
                No, I mean eloquent.

Stop trying to lecture me on vocabulary, you've misspelled more words than I can count so far and I've given you pass.

Comment

No it isn't. If there was facts what would the point of the theory be?

The theory is an unsupported idea that your trying to support with concrete empirical evidence.

Until that happens its just a hollow theory.

And before you go lecturing me on definitions, learn to spell definitions.
                  Completely and utterly incorrect. Theories are higher orders in science, they unite facts. You won't take if from me, take it from a highly successful and quite a good spokesperson for what science really is...

Jack D. Ripper aka Jay Em Em aka Commander Cool, I know you don't like me, fair enough, we differ on a lot of views. What you may call "elitism" of the scientific community is a frustration with the layperson for distorting and outright lying about hard earned knowledge (such as, "theories are unproven guesses")...

One specific example to prove evolution would be human chromosome #2. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes while the closest relatives to us (Chimpanzee, Orangutan and Gorilla) all have 24 pairs. Now, if evolution were true there would have to either be missing from our lineage (which would end up being lethal, so that didn't happen) or 1 pair of chromosomes became fused along our lineage. If you don't find anything like that, evolution is wrong. Evolution predicts and the genome sequencing confirms evolution is a reality. Genome sequencing was discovered more than a century after evolution was published in Origin of the Species.

There was a head to head fusion of two chromosomes which are separate in other primates. The fusion sites were located to within 15 bases. There are telomere duplications which don't belong. It is fact.

http://www.nature.com/nature/supplem...mosomes/2.html

Go ahead and read it.

Comment

Just thought I would bump this for squealpiggy.

Comment

Look son, there are very few, if any, serious scientists that disagree with the theory of natural selection. What do you know that is different to them?

There are few if any people who disagreed that the earth was flat at one point as well. And that the sun orbited around us instead of vice versa. Science is the advancement of constant knowledge, so naturally what is believed now will be either drastically changed or altered within the next 20-50 years and even more so in the next 100 if earth survives. The belief in God through a Judeo - Christian form has remained the same since the beginning of time, and the bible unaltered for thousands of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X