Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    ^^

I must disagree about Stone IPA. Arrogant Bastard isn't my favorite, but I'm a big Pale Ale/IPA aficionado.

Dead Guy Ale, Sierra Nevada pale, Bridgeport IPA, and Anchor Steam are definitely among my favorite beers.
    Just not a brand to my taste. Unlike most everyone, I am not an IPA guy. Even like Dogfish Head 120 does nothing for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Damn son, you stopping off in Japan for a minute by chance?
      NO dice Teng mah homie. I'm sittin in Kuwait right this moment. I dont leave from here till tomorrow. But if I did stop off in the land of the rising sun, you betta know I'd be hollin atcha to toss back a good japanese brew.

Comment

Just not a brand to my taste. Unlike most everyone, I am not an IPA guy. Even like Dogfish Head 120 does nothing for me.
        So do you have any tips for buying foreign beers in Japan?

I use Amazon, which is okay but the selection is still limitted. Also, there's a nice liquor shop in the basement floor of my local Bic Camera (do they all have that?) which has some imports. But, that's about as much as I know.

Comment

So do you have any tips for buying foreign beers in Japan?

I use Amazon, which is okay but the selection is still limitted. Also, there's a nice liquor shop in the basement floor of my local Bic Camera (do they all have that?) which has some imports. But, that's about as much as I know.
          Interesting, I'd never thought of using Amazon. I generally like the higher quality Japanese beers so I didn't delve too deeply into such things. Liquor stores are generally your best bet. There is a grocery in Dogenzaka, Shibuya that sells single bottles of Lowenbrau and Hoegaarden, the latter of which I love, and is the only place I ever found over there that sold it. I can link you to where it is on a map, but it may be a bit too much hassle to bother with for you.

Comment

• Stone IPA is delicious. Kaurl Strauss's Red Trolley. Cervezeria Insurgentes. Big Daddy IPA. I love IPA's.

Comment

• Having just a bit of tequila in a coffee mug. I'm not tired at all and I need to get to sleep.

Comment

• I was out last night (with my woman) and had a couple of these:

Overall, it's great tasting beer that has a good balance, is not too intense and goes down pretty easily...

Comment

Interesting, I'd never thought of using Amazon. I generally like the higher quality Japanese beers so I didn't delve too deeply into such things. Liquor stores are generally your best bet. There is a grocery in Dogenzaka, Shibuya that sells single bottles of Lowenbrau and Hoegaarden, the latter of which I love, and is the only place I ever found over there that sold it. I can link you to where it is on a map, but it may be a bit too much hassle to bother with for you.
                  If it's not too much trouble, I wouldn't mind the link to the map or shop, I'm sometimes in the area.

Comment

• ^^

Also, I don't know why, but one day I just randomly started searching Amazon, I think after I found out that selling alcohol in the mail is not illegal in Japan (hence, you can also purchase direct from many of the breweries in Japan through the mail). You can sometimes find some pretty good deals on there (although shipping generally costs a little bit).

Comment

If it's not too much trouble, I wouldn't mind the link to the map or shop, I'm sometimes in the area.
                      http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...192.95,,0,7.31

There you go man, there's also a liquor store with some imports right up the same street. Keep in mind this info is a few years old however, I haven't lived in the neighborhood since '07. If you know where Shibuya O-West and O-East, Club Asia, and Womb are, it's in the same area.

Comment

Working...
                      X