No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post

I really don't hope you think that should be any sort of problem.
    Namby-pamby

A namby-pamby (plural namby-pambies) is someone, usually a male, who is overly weak, sentimental or indecisive. It was a play on the name of Ambrose Philips, who wrote sickeningly sentimental poems for children. The nickname was devised by Henry Carey, a poet and songwriter, who wrote “God Save the Queen” and “My Country ‘tis of Thee”. It was popularized, however, by Alexander Pope in his satirical epic “The Dunciad”. It can also be used as an adjective meaning weak or spineless, lacking vigour or decisiveness, and overly sentimental.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      Namby-pamby

A namby-pamby (plural namby-pambies) is someone, usually a male, who is overly weak, sentimental or indecisive. It was a play on the name of Ambrose Philips, who wrote sickeningly sentimental poems for children. The nickname was devised by Henry Carey, a poet and songwriter, who wrote “God Save the Queen” and “My Country ‘tis of Thee”. It was popularized, however, by Alexander Pope in his satirical epic “The Dunciad”. It can also be used as an adjective meaning weak or spineless, lacking vigour or decisiveness, and overly sentimental.
      Interesting, was not familiar with this expression.

Comment

• just bot back from ship and mitre in dale street. warsteiner erdinger and peroni on draught. fookin great hopeing to stay awake for the fight . hows you dudes doin

Comment

• War Vargas.....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
              just bot back from ship and mitre in dale street. warsteiner erdinger and peroni on draught. fookin great hopeing to stay awake for the fight . hows you dudes doin
              Where are you from Engly lad?.

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                My kid keep getting ****ing ear infections.. FML, they're gonna put a tube in his eardrums to fix it next week though. Til then, I need a drink 24/7
                My daughter had that. It isn't that bad. Eventually it just falls out with normally no side effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                  just bot back from ship and mitre in dale street. warsteiner erdinger and peroni on draught. fookin great hopeing to stay awake for the fight . hows you dudes doin
                  good taste, approved

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X