No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
    Your life seems far too eventful to be real from all the accounts (basically chronicling) in this lounge thread. Try creating a book from every single post you ever made in the Drunk Lang before this forum eventually dies. I'd buy it lmao

How old are you and what do (or did) you do? And what's Tokyo like if your really live there.
    he's admitted that he embellishes.

virgil is a writer.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
      Your life seems far too eventful to be real from all the accounts (basically chronicling) in this lounge thread. Try creating a book from every single post you ever made in the Drunk Lang before this forum eventually dies. I'd buy it lmao

How old are you and what do (or did) you do? And what's Tokyo like if your really live there.
      I'm 31. I'm a professional student. I've been here 6 years. Tokyo is a place where you can basically get in as much shit as you like, and not get in much trouble.

I'm going back next month, and am trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I'm thinking like I think I said of applying for a bunch of state firefighting and assistant ranger jobs, and a bunch of jobs in Alaska canneries.

I have nothing else in front of me really.

I may also apply for the weed inspector and alcohol warehousing jobs as well.

I like to build and cook and stuff, but I'm not in a position right now where I'm going to get right of my plane and then walk right on to a construction crew. Just not going to happen, when I've spent my twenties in schools, and they've all spent their on a construction site. So, I need some alternative things.

There are all kinds of jobs I can apply for, but many are better applied for in person. I'd be applying for the state jobs already, but their process is a little complicated and so I am waiting for certain documents arrive before I can finish the process.

I actually have up to 10 more years to complete my PhD, so working in a liquor warehouse for 2500 a month, while at the same doing the occasional research isn't really the worst option. Or maybe I'll take the ranger assistant job, and parlay it into a career as a ranger, who the hell knows.

I'm thinking completely short time stuff right now. It's kinda like if you get dropped back off in your home state after 6 years in prison, what are you going to do?

Okay, I don't have the criminal record, but I also don't have the vocational training prisoners receive, so sort of a tit for tat.

I could teach at a community college or something maybe, but I'm sort of sick of spending so much time in colleges.

As for the staying here and teaching English or something, not only am I by now dying to get out of here, but English teaching is a very boring and low skilled idea, which people either do for a year or two for the experience, or get trapped into and then lead sad pathetic lives ever after.

Also, after spending 6 years in a Japanese ivory tower, I don't have a lot of stomach for now going and teaching English (I have taught English just part-time, the entire time I've been here).

As for a Tokyo office job?

I'd probably throw myself in front of a train before I lasted a month.

Also, I grew up in a Southern Oregon hick town, as Rudyo often kindly reminds me, with open space everywhere. There isn't a single crevice that isn't paved over here.

Besides, I've developed a bad drinking habit here. The only way people know how to socialize here is drink (not saying they drink like me or anything, but when they do socialize, that's all they do). Add to that the convenience stores on every corner, all stocked with beer, whiskey, shochu, sake, vodka, gin, wine, which sell booze 24/7/365. Throw on top of that the $10 bottles of whiskey and $16 six packs of tall cans (which aren't even that good). And it might not make sense why I've developed a bit of a habit.

I toned it back over the past week. Started drinking just 4 beers a day, instead of 8 with a pint or two of whiskey, or a bottle of whiskey with a beer or two. And I haven't drank at all the last few days. I also haven't slept at all the last few days.

The chain smoking and chain coffee drinking, as well as fiendish internet usage (mostly searching jobs) of said same period has certainly contributed; as certainly has the lack of booze in my system.

It's now 12:25am, and I didn't sleep a single minute either of the last 2 nights.

I actually went to a party tonight, and people were instantly shoving beers in my face. They even had a bar setup with free beer. I didn't drink any.

It was a school farewell party type of deal. I just went in to see if I could get any free food, but I got home late and it was all gone when I showed up.

I'm actually somewhat focused suddenly on my job search, gotta keep my head screwed on.

Zombie lifestyle doesn't count as not screwed on.

I wonder if I'll sleep tonight.

I almost did just lay down, but then I noticed the video of the democratic debate had only 30 minutes left. Then I had a smoke, noticed this post, and thought I'd give a delusional-from-lack-of-sleep reply.

I think I'll hit the submit reply button now, go back to the debate, and have another smoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Forgive me, but I laughed when you told the story of carrying all those books around like a carthorse .
        I got the bottom part sewed up pretty good, then started on the far more complicated top section from the inside out. I was actually able to piece much of it back together that way. Now I just have to do the most difficult part of trying to sew the straps the rest of the way back on.

While I was sewing from the inside, I noticed a made in China sticker.

Well, not like there was ever any doubt.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-05-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
          he's admitted that he embellishes.

virgil is a writer.
          No I didn't and no I don't.

You aren't talk about my drunk short story about riding freight cars are you?

Because if so, I never for a second pretended it to be real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            No I didn't and no I don't.

You aren't talk about my drunk short story about riding freight cars are you?

Because if so, I never for a second pretended it to be real.
            it could have been that.

didn't mean any harm by it.

Comment

• Professional student at 31. So what happened between 18-25?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Drink up you drunken whores. Ya'll got Virg up here writtin a gotdamn thesis on relativity. SweetJumpropinJesus that wall of text looks like the incoming president's inaugural address. How you all been?

Comment

• My girls Dad is in from out of state and is going to see her in the clink tomorrow, so I get to sleep in. That means I am getting lit tonight.

P4p this is the best vodka. So cheap, but perfect. Slides into any ****tail smoothly. Got half a bottle left and some Sam Adams in the fridge.

Comment

Working...
                      X