Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or China, come to think of it. (There is herb in China, yes indeed.)

And a few odd times in Japan as well. But the weed scene is not very nice in Japan.

Comment

• This is pretty much how my day is going today. It is Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Thanks man, same to you. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed I managed to stay sober for Friday and Saturday lol.
        Thanks. . Past couple if years I've slowed down once football season is over. But after Memorial day it picks up again and during football season it gets worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
          You might want to request an ultrasound or whatever else they can do.

Liver function exam is just a blood test where they test the enzyme counts.

The thing that's dangerous about liver problems is they are often not symptomatic until it is too late. So it's a good idea to get checked out.

I've done my share of research on this topic.

I'm not as crazy as I use to be. I still have a tendency to drink too much. And I still have a hard time saying no to the bottle. And if there is booze to be drank within arms reach, I tend to drink it.

Learning to control drinking is not as simple as changing your 'habits' with respect to drink. You need to change the underlying tendencies (insecurities/thought patterns/the automatic thoughts related to the negative experiences you've had/all the like).

One of the most proven techniques is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It'd obviously be best to engage in this with a qualified therapist. But, if you lack that, you can read some books and stuff, and perhaps find some online forums.

It is basically about changing the way that you think. When you have a 'negative' (or unproductive, etc.) cognitive reaction it is known as a 'thinking error'.

The example that was given to me: say you are to meet a someone at the train station. And they don't show up. 20 minutes later, they still aren't there. No calls, no texts, and your calls go unanswered. How do you react?

There are many possible reactions of course.

(Concern. Anger. Wonderment. Etc.).

The point is that a given situation has various potential reactions.

Learning to control your cognitive reactions in more positive directions is what CBT is about.

When of the techniques you might want to try is keeping a record of your "automatic thoughts". This is one of the first steps of CBT therapy.

http://www.drkkolmes.com/docs/thoughtrecord.pdf
          I gotta see if my insurance covers a sonogram. But I was definitely thinking the same thing. As for therapy, I don't know. I think the key would be getting pussy more often.

Comment

• im drunk as ****, funny I wasnt going to drink till my birthday out in june lmfao, HA

lmfao.

Comment

• This is how you beat a hangover folks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                I gotta see if my insurance covers a sonogram. But I was definitely thinking the same thing. As for therapy, I don't know. I think the key would be getting pussy more often.
                I'll go out on that limb.

I've been attending therapy for the past 2 months.

There's no shame in it, man.

I was at least as skeptical as you are, maybe more. It sort of took both my parents and my sister asking me to give it a shot for me to give it a shot.

It's actually not a big deal at all.

If you have a decent therapist, it should be really mellow.

For me, it's just like attending a class, or something. I learn a lot about how thought patterns work, and about means to change them.

There's no shame in it. The only problem is that it is expensive.

I'd say that almost everyone could probably benefit from this sort of thing.

But if you have issues you need to work out, the most effective way is therapy.

It doesn't mean you are a nut case.

We all have problems.

Attending therapy is a more healthy alternative to drink.

I'm not trying to convert you though.

Just understand, that it is really mellow and easy going.

Comment

• I usually don't take over the counter pain relievers.

The reason is that I follow the advice on the bottle. "If you regularly consume 3 or more alcoholic beverages, you should consult a physician before using this product."

I fall into that category.

So I don't use the stuff.

Also, my uncle died when I was three years old, from liver failure. He was drinking Tylenol with codeine and wine. And his liver just gave out on him.

So you all gotta be careful.

Comment

• Also, when I was 10, my neighbor, who was mid-40s, died of liver failure.

He'd just moved into the neighborhood, in my compound in rural Oregon.

There was a long-time family friend living across the street, and the guy was his old friend, and he moved into the cabin next to the main house.

They were doing construction contracting together. The guy was a real drunk. But he was a nice fella.

I guess I watched his downward slide, even though I was only 10. To note, this was the type of guy who always carried a flask. He was always drinking. Even though I was a kid, he never was an ******* to me, or to my sister. He was just a nice guy. But he did drink all the time. And he often got pretty drunk.

He was already sliding. I guess it became conscious to me when his wife left him.

And then, he ran over his dog, and killed him, while drunk driving. His dog was an old German Sheppard. And he absolutely loved the dog. His name was "Hey Boy." Strange name, but what are you gonna say.

This dude was driving up his driveway, with his buddy in the passenger seat (the guy who lived in the other house), and the dog ran in front of his truck. According to the other guy, he said something like "he's gotta learn somehow"; thinking the dog would move of course, but also quite obviously wasted. And he ran his dog over and killed him.

He stayed up all night crying over his dog.

He died not all the long later. From liver problems related to alcohol abuse.

Not a very happy tail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I'll go out on that limb.

I've been attending therapy for the past 2 months.

There's no shame in it, man.

I was at least as skeptical as you are, maybe more. It sort of took both my parents and my sister asking me to give it a shot for me to give it a shot.

It's actually not a big deal at all.

If you have a decent therapist, it should be really mellow.

For me, it's just like attending a class, or something. I learn a lot about how thought patterns work, and about means to change them.

There's no shame in it. The only problem is that it is expensive.

I'd say that almost everyone could probably benefit from this sort of thing.

But if you have issues you need to work out, the most effective way is therapy.

It doesn't mean you are a nut case.

We all have problems.

Attending therapy is a more healthy alternative to drink.

I'm not trying to convert you though.

Just understand, that it is really mellow and easy going.
                      I saw a psychotherapist for almost a year before I got laid off and I lost insurance and had money problems. But it wasn't primarily for drinking, but rather a slew of psychological issues, including anxiety, panic, depression, anger, social issues, apathy, lack of emotion and some very odd episodes that I can hardly explain. Times where I felt almost like I was losing grip on reality, feeling disgusted and fearful of life, feeling like everyone and everything was dying, paired with extreme depression and thoughts of my own death. I don't know, that last part is very difficult for me to explain properly and get a handle on. But the therapist attributted it to acid flashbacks because I used to feel that way the next day or two after tripping on like 2 or 3 tabs of it.

Therapy helped a little but I should probably quit drinking entirely and go on meds. I'm considering it.

Comment

Working...
                      X