• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    La cocaina

lol........

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Gatorade (red) and Advil.

No kidding, get the red one. It works for some reason, my brother told me about it and I was like "bull**** it doesn't matter what flavor"

I was wrong.

Yea i've been drinking gatorade the whole day, grape though..

I took 3 excedrins 20 minutes ago and it did the trick.

This stuff is legit!

Last edited by BOXEO _; 01-31-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Oh yeah excedrin is the best over the counter pain killer. No doubt, I just said Advil because it usually works

Comment

• No drink tonight and I'm gonna make legitimate efforts to slow down significantly. For the superbowl party I'm gonna get obliterated to hell but after that I'll refrain from the drink until my friend's birthday party at the end of February. After that, I'll see if I can go without drink until Easter which is April 5th.

Yeah right like that's happening. Maybe that's asking too much but at the very least I have to reduce my intake. And as soon as my insurance kicks in I'm getting a check up and will get a request a liver function exam. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't let it get to the point where I have no choice but to give up alcohol entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            No drink tonight and I'm gonna make legitimate efforts to slow down significantly. For the superbowl party I'm gonna get obliterated to hell Maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't let it get to the point where I have no choice but to give up alcohol entirely.
            I feel and am doing the same thing as you. I haven't had a drink in three days but I know tomorrow is going to be a disaster. But after that I need to try to cut down. I'm 33 and have been drinking since I was 12. I drink a few times a week and each time I do, I have around 10-16 drinks. I just love getting hammered, it's almost impossible to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              I feel and am doing the same thing as you. I haven't had a drink in three days but I know tomorrow is going to be a disaster. But after that I need to try to cut down. I'm 33 and have been drinking since I was 12. I drink a few times a week and each time I do, I have around 10-16 drinks. I just love getting hammered, it's almost impossible to stop.
              I'm in the same boat. I first got drunk at 12 but the heavy drinking didn't start until 19. Best of luck to yeh lad.

Comment

• Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                Best headache medicine? My heads pounding.
                Another beer.

(Or ibuprofen.

Or a wet rag on the forehead.

And some fresh lemon juice--with water if you wish. (A Vietnamese girl taught me that.))

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I first got drunk at 12 but the heavy drinking didn't start until 19. Best of luck to yeh lad.
                  Thanks man, same to you. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed I managed to stay sober for Friday and Saturday lol.

Comment

No drink tonight and I'm gonna make legitimate efforts to slow down significantly. For the superbowl party I'm gonna get obliterated to hell but after that I'll refrain from the drink until my friend's birthday party at the end of February. After that, I'll see if I can go without drink until Easter which is April 5th.

Yeah right like that's happening. Maybe that's asking too much but at the very least I have to reduce my intake. And as soon as my insurance kicks in I'm getting a check up and will get a request a liver function exam. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't let it get to the point where I have no choice but to give up alcohol entirely.
                    You might want to request an ultrasound or whatever else they can do.

Liver function exam is just a blood test where they test the enzyme counts.

The thing that's dangerous about liver problems is they are often not symptomatic until it is too late. So it's a good idea to get checked out.

I've done my share of research on this topic.

I'm not as crazy as I use to be. I still have a tendency to drink too much. And I still have a hard time saying no to the bottle. And if there is booze to be drank within arms reach, I tend to drink it.

Learning to control drinking is not as simple as changing your 'habits' with respect to drink. You need to change the underlying tendencies (insecurities/thought patterns/the automatic thoughts related to the negative experiences you've had/all the like).

One of the most proven techniques is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It'd obviously be best to engage in this with a qualified therapist. But, if you lack that, you can read some books and stuff, and perhaps find some online forums.

It is basically about changing the way that you think. When you have a 'negative' (or unproductive, etc.) cognitive reaction it is known as a 'thinking error'.

The example that was given to me: say you are to meet a someone at the train station. And they don't show up. 20 minutes later, they still aren't there. No calls, no texts, and your calls go unanswered. How do you react?

There are many possible reactions of course.

(Concern. Anger. Wonderment. Etc.).

The point is that a given situation has various potential reactions.

Learning to control your cognitive reactions in more positive directions is what CBT is about.

When of the techniques you might want to try is keeping a record of your "automatic thoughts". This is one of the first steps of CBT therapy.

http://www.drkkolmes.com/docs/thoughtrecord.pdf

Comment

That makes three of us.

I got drunk the first time when I was 12, off a 40 of Mickeys. Started drinking hard at 18.

I shipped off to Japan for 2 months about 2 weeks after graduating high school, by myself. I basically spent those two months getting obliterated.

It sort of left an impression on me, you might say.

I started smoking weed when I was 11, also. Smoked almost everyday from about the age of 13. (Though I haven't smoked for more than 5 years, except for on trips to the US or Holland.)

Comment

Working...
                      X