Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you find outer space extremely weird and surreal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

He’s a creationist who believes in flying horses. His post included a thinly veiled dig at a non-believers.

My Catholic friend
    I believe in creation and I've seen a horse fly, it even bit me.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

I believe in creation and I've seen a horse fly, it even bit me.
      Lol! God one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
        The only thing I've never understood is why they can't colonise the moon. Surely they have the technology to create a small livable space in a vacuum sealed unit much like in the movie The Martian. I'm not talking forever...but at least some way to create an oxygenated environment where you could walk around unsuited for a short period of time.
        I'm sure the can actually do what you say. The question they undoubtedly ask themselves is why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Whaddya mean, like we make up stories about UFOs or we have to create the life?

I'd be so bummed if we don't find any trace of intelligent extra terrestrial life before I die.
          Does God count as extraterrestrial life? What about the angels?

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Post the footage then. There's footage of us on the moon then there should be footage of us reaching the deepest part of the ocean.
            American sets new record with deepest submarine dive - Bing video

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              Surprise: the Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore

https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-b...ning-universe/

The trajectory for the red line on the graph isn't correct. The others are correct with .0002%.of a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Religious ppl double down on their beliefs.
                Searchers seek truth and just wanna know the truth.

Fools(sheeple) follow each other off the proverbial cliff.

if as I was taught, there is a creator, I want to know his/her essence.

Growing up, going to both church and synagogue was kinda very confusing.

I caused more than a few girls to abort my potential kids.

I got kids now, and I’m getting older, and I wonder if I made the right decisions @16-25.

living with regrets is a curse.

thanks for your post.

Why shouldn't religious people double down on their beliefs? Atheists and non religious' people certainly double down on their beliefs as well,

Comment

Does God count as extraterrestrial life? What about the angels?
                  Yeah a celestial being or beings would certainly count as extra terrestrial. Any life that originates off planet basically.

A celestial being could even be extra-dimensional etc.

Comment

I'm sure the can actually do what you say. The question they undoubtedly ask themselves is why do it?
                    So that they can create a lab up there to perform experiments in the moon. It will also be invaluable as a low gravity, off-planet base.

It’ll be much more incredibly efficient to launch a rocket/payload from the moon than it would from Earth, if we’re able to get the resources we need there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

you dont find it weird that every show on space is cgi? No actual footage
                      Footage of what? The earth or other stuff, planets etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X