Paul Orndorff, WWE’s ‘Mr. Wonderful,’ dead at 71

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Orndorff, WWE’s ‘Mr. Wonderful,’ dead at 71

RIP…

WWE Hall of Famer Paul Orndorff, who was known as “Mr. Wonderful,” has died at the age of 71, his son announced on Instagram Monday.

Orndorff was suffering from dementia prior to his death, which Travis Orndorff said was caused by chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a brain condition caused by repeated blows to the head.

“Many will remember his intensity. But if I could only get you to understand and see his heart. He will always be Pop, Paw Paw, and Daddy at home,” Travis Orndorff wrote. “And as much as many of you hated him as a wrestler, he absolutely loved you for it. He was an amazing father that showed me more love than I ever deserved. I love you Daddy.”

Paul Orndorff joined a class action lawsuit against the WWE in 2016 that said wrestlers suffered “long term neurological injuries” and the WWE “fraudulently misrepresented and concealed” the injuries, but the lawsuit was dismissed in 2018.

Born in Brandon, Fla., Orndorff played running back at the University of Tampa and was drafted by the Saints in the 12th round of the 1973 NFL Draft. He never played in the NFL.

Danm. He lived a long life considering the era of wrestling he was in.

Comment

R.i.p. mr wonderful

Comment

Working...
      X